What can we do to make things better?

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I know the FMJ vehicle platform isn't as popular as some of the other Mopar platforms. But these are still good cars that can be had cheap.

What can we do to make the forum better? What can we do to get more people interested and stick around?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
There's nothing really to do. It's just the way things are now. Forums and small websites have been loosing traffic and dieing for a while. Even the big forums are having problems.

GregG48213

Reaction score
stick around
It's sort of a "glass half full or half empty" perspective. We should be happy with the traffic that we do have, and I believe some people have actually been helped. Having spent some time on the more popular sites (B-bodies), I can attest that, with more people, it's more likely that innocuous post can devolve into political rants.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Forums like this one slow down at certain times of the year, such as Christmas season, tax season, etc. It's not just this one.

What you said about more people is true. Many years ago I was a member on Dakota-Durango site, since I had and still do have a '96 Dakota. As I said, WAS a member. Too many a**holes, arguments, put downs and other basic b.s. After a year or so, gave up and never visited the site again. For a brief time was also on a Mopar forum. Seems an f-body isn't considered a REAL Mopar, nor is any Mopar built before 1964 or after 1974. You know, Mopar snobs. This site, and one other f-body dedicated forums are the only forums I'm on, car related or otherwise. Am not a big social media type person. No FB (cess pool), Twitter, or any of the other ones either. I like to stay as anonymous (sp?) as possible, lol.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
I for one thing will say that our forum here badly needs a curated Technical Library section...if that rings a bell, perhaps its with those of you who have seen, and contributed, to the most awesome Library Reggie used to admin on our old Dippy.org site!!!

Many of us took great pains to bring real-world content, but thought through, and readily applicable to the "dark sheep of the Mopar family" rides...we should try this again.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I for one thing will say that our forum here badly needs a curated Technical Library section...if that rings a bell, perhaps its with those of you who have seen, and contributed, to the most awesome Library Reggie used to admin on our old Dippy.org site!!!

Many of us took great pains to bring real-world content, but thought through, and readily applicable to the "dark sheep of the Mopar family" rides...we should try this again.

Reggies work is preserved but I haven't had a chance to update the code and upload it yet.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Forums like this one slow down at certain times of the year, such as Christmas season, tax season, etc. It's not just this one.

What you said about more people is true. Many years ago I was a member on Dakota-Durango site, since I had and still do have a '96 Dakota. As I said, WAS a member. Too many a**holes, arguments, put downs and other basic b.s. After a year or so, gave up and never visited the site again. For a brief time was also on a Mopar forum. Seems an f-body isn't considered a REAL Mopar, nor is any Mopar built before 1964 or after 1974. You know, Mopar snobs. This site, and one other f-body dedicated forums are the only forums I'm on, car related or otherwise. Am not a big social media type person. No FB (cess pool), Twitter, or any of the other ones either. I like to stay as anonymous (sp?) as possible, lol.
I don't have Facebook either and I refuse to. I'd rather put the effort in here than have Facebook. I know that means I'm missing out on parts and cheap cars. But I just refuse to participate in the shitshow that is facebook

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
It's sort of a "glass half full or half empty" perspective. We should be happy with the traffic that we do have, and I believe some people have actually been helped. Having spent some time on the more popular sites (B-bodies), I can attest that, with more people, it's more likely that innocuous post can devolve into political rants.
FABO has politics in a separate forum. If we had it here, then this entire thing would fall apart with a bunch of hurt feelings. There's not enough users here.

80mirada

Reaction score
I have left most of the "Mopar" forum sites over the years because of the asshole and shit behavior the pops up on them. I grew up Mopar, and back them the Mopar community was close nit and helpful. The skyrocketing values brought in to many wannabees, assholes and snobs.

A few years ago a friend of mine built a very serious resto-mod Mirada and Aspen for a major Mopar collector, and in spite the effort in the cars and the owners profile, they don't get any coverage. We exist on the edge of the Mopar world, and we still have the more inclusive nature

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
...but where would we put it here?

And point #2, which as you know has always been my concern, ownership...

I was adding it to my own site. Reggie and I had other plans for it but the shift to FB didn't make it worth doing.

At the end it didn't do anything to saving the forum over there which was the busiest M forum for the longest time so I don't see it doing anything here. Our main goal was to make sure the info was saved and we had some control over it.

PursuitSpecial

Reaction score
I wish it was more popular, it's cool to have an entire site dedicated to FMJ stuff so we can share obscure info about these cars to keep them running and find people with arcane knowledge and parts. Honestly in my opinion the fmjs are the ultimate refinement of the rwd mopars, they had most of the bugs worked out of them over the old A bodies by the end of production and didn't get enough credit for their reliability.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Honestly in my opinion the fmjs are the ultimate refinement of the rwd mopars,
Technology wise, these are the better cars. I think they don't get a lot of love because of California emissions, but in upstate NY anything 95 or older is exempt. They're the perfect rwd mopar in a state where they're exempt. You can do whatever you want with them

Aspen500

Reaction score
Technology wise, these are the better cars. I think they don't get a lot of love because of California emissions, but in upstate NY anything 95 or older is exempt. They're the perfect rwd mopar in a state where they're exempt. You can do whatever you want with them
In Wisconsin (except maybe Milwaukee and Racine Counties?), everything is exempt from emission testing, since there is no such thing, so there! LOL.

So many call F-bodies rust buckets yet, the rusted no more or faster than A, B or E-body. Camaros rotted out twice as fast as an Aspen. In high school (class of '82), the student parking lot was full of 5 year old Camaros with 1/4's flapping in the breeze and doors missing the lower 3" of steel, along with carpet padding hanging under the car from what used to a floor. Just saying......

Last edited:

PursuitSpecial

Reaction score
In Wisconsin (except maybe Milwaukee and Racine Counties?), everything is exempt from emission testing, since there is no such thing, so there! LOL.

So many call F-bodies rust buckets yet, the rusted no more or faster than A, B or E-body. Camaros rotted out twice as fast as an Aspen. In high school (class of '82), the student parking lot was full of 5 year old Camaros with 1/4's flapping in the breeze and doors missing the lower 3" of steel, along with carpet padding hanging under the car from what used to a floor. Just saying......
Apparently that issue was fixed by 1980 because my Aspen was parked outside under the same pine trees for 43 years and it didn't rust at all, the metal is immaculate compared to other 70s mopars. Of course it was regularly driven during that time and cleaned and given basic maintenance too. I think certain colors of paint Chrysler used are more protective, the few other cars I've seen painted tt4 tan were also in good shape. The floors are painted body color and even though the window leaked water on the back floor for years until I fixed it, all it did was leave a surface rust stain.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score

Apparently that issue was fixed by 1980 because my Aspen was parked outside under the same pine trees for 43 years and it didn't rust at all, the metal is immaculate compared to other 70s mopars. Of course it was regularly driven during that time and cleaned and given basic maintenance too. I think certain colors of paint Chrysler used are more protective, the few other cars I've seen painted tt4 tan were also in good shape. The floors are painted body color and even though the window leaked water on the back floor for years until I fixed it, all it did was leave a surface rust stain.
My 87 still shows signs of undercoating. That, plus it's life in Arizona, makes it the easiest car I've ever worked on.

Plus it's still from the era when they didn't hide screws and make things complicated

Justwondering

Reaction score
I have also tried out other forums but left them and only participate here for the mopars.
I've appreciated the helpful hand to novices.
I've appreciated the advice to oddly specific issues (corner door moulding replacement).
I've appreciated the tolerance of my particular problems (working on dirt floors, boobs getting in the way of reaching particular engine compartment areas, etc.)

So I stay away from the social media intolerance.
Like many others, life gets in the way of mopar updates (health care issues with husband, animal care issues, etc).

I understand the concern of ownership over contributed information; however, it would be nice to have a less onerous way to mine the forums for those golden nuggets of info. Mikes5thAve -- I'd be happy to help migrate things should you ever decide to do that.

JW

Ele115

Reaction score
This is a good place to be. I read a lot but rarely post. I like that there isn't a lot of ego and drama here

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Be happy with what we’ve got and be careful what you wish for. More isn’t always better.

Back