What can we do to make things better?

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
I know the FMJ vehicle platform isn't as popular as some of the other Mopar platforms. But these are still good cars that can be had cheap.

What can we do to make the forum better? What can we do to get more people interested and stick around?
Run a Miller Tool rental program?
Currently I could use a C-3582, fuel sending unit tool.

Remow2112

Reaction score
I have pointed numerous people here from the MANY Facebook groups for these cars. It is like many Facebook people have no idea what a forum is. They ask tons of questions that this board has the answer. I don't get it. I always prefer to check here before anywhere else.

I am pretty knowledgeable about these cars but there's a couple guys on this board that blow me away with what they know about the platform.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I have pointed numerous people here from the MANY Facebook groups for these cars. It is like many Facebook people have no idea what a forum is. They ask tons of questions that this board has the answer. I don't get it. I always prefer to check here before anywhere else.

I am pretty knowledgeable about these cars but there's a couple guys on this board that blow me away with what they know about the platform.
Facebook is the devil. There's more knowledge and better parts sourcing and pricing on here.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
There are a lot of people out there who think Facebook, or Google, ARE the Internet. Nobody has taken the time to show them different, so they start up their computers, and go to Google or Facebook, and stay on that site the entire time.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
There are a lot of people out there who think Facebook, or Google, ARE the Internet. Nobody has taken the time to show them different, so they start up their computers, and go to Google or Facebook, and stay on that site the entire time.
They're not from the generation that thought Windows 3.11 was impressive

69-

Reaction score
Actually, I'm quiet happy here.
No A-holes, not that much crap, just kind of friends, trying to be helpful.:cool:

Good ole times.
(Well, yeah, we did a lot of shit at that times, too...)

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
...ahh, perhaps the lack of enjoyment of the text based Human-computer-interface has not developed the appreciation of what even the most basic GUI elements brought us??? LOL

Look, in a sense it's a little bit like those of us who started with the text based stuff (c'mon, everyone knows the Black/Green screen no? - or Amber/Black for that matter, even if you tossed the high-end video card of those days - think Hercules Graphics - it was still in two colours!!!). After all, before that showed up the corporate folks kept on feeding programs on punchcards...lol, so yeah, you can say we got spoiled with our video screens!!!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Windows 3.1, now I really do feel old. Senior year in high school (81/82) we thought it was amazing when the school got it's first pc's in the science resource room, a pair of Apple II computers. Screen had one color, green and text only, no graphics, lol. "When I was your age.....".

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Windows 3.1, now I really do feel old. Senior year in high school (81/82) we thought it was amazing when the school got it's first pc's in the science resource room, a pair of Apple II computers. Screen had one color, green and text only, no graphics, lol. "When I was your age.....".
I remember the computer lab guy actually wore a lab coat and anti static gloves because he was afraid of damaging the equipment and all the computers used television sets with UHF/VHF dials as monitors

Justwondering

Reaction score
High school ... I lived in a town with a 4 year university.
If you were an undergrad, you had to use punch cards to 'run' your computer code and only between 7 pm and 6am.
If you were a graduate student, you had access to the lab(s) that had screens (green) which connected directly to a huge ass mainframe.

We weren't students of the university.
But my two brothers and I would hang around in the hallway outside the lab and 'tailgate' in behind a student.

Then when they would start struggling on their code, we'd offer to help them out. Between the three of us, we would get their code done, compiled, tested, run, and output handed to them IF they let us use their access code for an hour after they left.
Talk about heaven.

We found the game directory and play 'star trek' that some guy had loaded out there MUSIC/SP running on an ibm timesharing system called REX or RAX -- something like that. Game was just pixels updated across a screen.

Not once did we ever get kicked out.
Not once did we ever have more than 2 or 3 people in the room (usually there were 9 or 10 monitors).

Poor school district ... we didn't get computers in classrooms until 6 years later (way after we graduated).

Computers changed pretty quickly after that.

JW

armataz

Reaction score
I'm just a goofy guy that likes the cars that others dont. these late 70's gems are few and far between, and so are the parts to fix /repair them.
it dont help that mopar holds their parts licensing in a vault, with their platinum and gold. so the after market is verry restricted in what it can produce.
I still come on from time to time, hoping to give an update to my on going projects, or hoping to see new parts being reproduced. if I see a thread I can contribute to. I do, but usually I just learn something new.
these boards are my kind of social media, people today are in too big of a rush, they dont want to take the time to read, what others have to say.

Back