1981_Dodge_Mirada-04_amp_05.jpg

1980_dodge_mirada-pic-4859110971516794920.jpg

1981_Dodge_Mirada-04_amp_05.jpg

1980_dodge_mirada-pic-4859110971516794920.jpg

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
2nd that:Mirada

Notice in that video the 125 mph speedometer, it starts at 5mph not zero.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Forged. They came both ways, the forged one has the valve stem on the flatter section of the rim, and the cast rims have them closer to the point where there is a curve where the outer section of the rim meets the spoked section. I would guess that the forged wheels, being stronger have enough strength on the flat part to allow the valve stem to be there, and the cast wheels, being somewhat weaker, need the extra strenght in the thicker part of the wheel. It may also have to do with the different thickness profiles of the metal in each type of wheel.

The wheel in Mirada MegaCab's picture looks like a cast wheel.

Kostas

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
The wheels in the youtube video are cast .
The wheel i posted a pic of has another step machined into the face. They are not your standard Mirada rims. The spokes are also angled.

FOTOSCAMARAFRANKI106.jpg

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The spokes on the forged wheels are also angled; I have 2 sets here of the forged wheels, and both have a slight angle back from the center hub part to where they meet the rim.

The wheels in the Cordoba picture are definitely Chrysler wheels. The extra machining may be a year to year change, or they may be from some other Chrysler model other than the Mirada. I think this wheel type was available on other Mopar models, but not 100% sure, just like the Imperial snowflake wheels were available on 5th Avemues, with a different coloured crystal on the wheel center cap. This could be a similar type of variation.

I would find it close to impossible for a third party to reproduce the Mopar ten spoke wheel, and to have it be able to use the Mopar wheel centers and center caps.

Kostas

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
These aren't standard Mirada rims.
The spokes are angled outwards( not parallel to the axle flange like normal Mirada rims) .

8558000045_original.jpg

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I am assuming the white Cordoba is a different than the yellow one, as defined by the parking lamps. I believe that the white Cordoba is the newer one (please feel free to correct me). My 1980 Cordoba has the grilles over the parking lamps, so the yellow Cordoba is earlier. There was a change to the parking lamps/headlight unit on the Mirada as well. Could be the Mirada ten spoke wheels were changed as well, or perhaps the ten spokes were an option for the Cordoba's in the later (1982-1983) years. Obviously, I am making a number of assumptions, but they seem logical. If somebody has the sales brochures for the 1982-1983 Mirada or Cordoba, they could check if there are any pictures of these wheels in there. I only have the 1980 sales brochure.

Kostas

Last edited:

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Yes , two different cars. Both are in Mexico.
Im searching for an answer.
Ma Mopar did release cars in Mexico with different names and slight variations.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
It is possible that these are Mexican market versions of the 10 spoke wheels we got in the US/Canada. Could be something they did for Mexico only, or as we have already speculated, a year to year variation.

Does anybody know if the Mexican market F,M, and J bodies were made in the same factories as the US/Canadian models, or were they made locally in Mexico. All of my cars were made in Brampton, Ontario, but living in Canada, that is to be expected. I don't know if there was a US factory for the J bodies; I'm pretty sure that there was one for the F and M bodies.

Kostas

Dodgestrike

Reaction score
The yellow 1980 one is mine, those are the stock wheels the car is Mx built , it's a 360/727 car with a Dana44 rear end the only non-stock thing on mine in that picture is the grille star, it should have a cordoba emblem like the one in the white one but it was broken sometime before it was mine.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
:thumbsup:DodgeStrike!
The Mexican built Cordobas didnt come with a 318, they came with 360. From what I read even 1982 Mexican Cordobas had the 360, that wasn't available anywhere else.

Dodgestrike

Reaction score
:thumbsup:DodgeStrike!
The Mexican built Cordobas didnt come with a 318, they came with 360. From what I read even 1982 Mexican Cordobas had the 360, that wasn't available anywhere else.

Yes that's right, actually the 360 was the only option and it only came with the thermoquad carb , no efi or anything like some USA cars.

The market for this car over here was the top luxury against the mercury grand marquis and the ford crown victoria that where leading on sales, so I guess there was no point on having lots of versions to choose there was only one and it had all they could put into it lol.

Back