What think we know, but really dont.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Been spec'ing the cam for the 390. Got to love good custom cam grinders with patience. It must be trying to put up with some of us nimrods. They have a way of letting you know, you don't know squat without being rude. :laughing9:

ramenth

Reaction score
Been spec'ing the cam for the 390. Got to love good custom cam grinders with patience. It must be trying to put up with some of us nimrods. They have a way of letting you know, you don't know squat without being rude. :laughing9:

Been there a lot in my career. Customers who bring a car to me and tell me what to replace and how to fix it. I smile, nod, do my own diagnostics and find the real fix. Then explain to them why it wasn't what he (mostly) thought and why my diagnostics proved out. I usually get, "but the internet said!"

Nuttyprof

Reaction score
Been there a lot in my career. Customers who bring a car to me and tell me what to replace and how to fix it. I smile, nod, do my own diagnostics and find the real fix. Then explain to them why it wasn't what he (mostly) thought and why my diagnostics proved out. I usually get, "but the internet said!"

Get that with appliances as well!

aspen77rt

Reaction score
A very good mechanic friend of mine always says....
"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

That's why I say,
"If I need a cam, I know a guy, so I don’t have to waste time looking at the OTS cams anymore. I just drive. For my purposes now, OTS cams are pretty much metal sticks with numbers. I don’t need to know what the numbers mean, because I know a guy who knows what the numbers mean and how best to apply them."

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's why I say,
"If I need a cam, I know a guy, so I don’t have to waste time looking at the OTS cams anymore. I just drive. For my purposes now, OTS cams are pretty much metal sticks with numbers. I don’t need to know what the numbers mean, because I know a guy who knows what the numbers mean and how best to apply them."

My policy too.
If I don't know something I ask a guy who does.
I know a guy who thinks he knows it all....and if he doesn't.....he'll watch a youtube video and become an instant authority.....ask me how his brake job went....oh yeah.....and his foray into plumbing....

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Got the spec's back for the engine drive train combo. Lift will be in the .490ish area, unless I upgrade the springs. We'll finalize that next spring with the cam order.

Intake: 268 (adv), 220 (.050"), 136 (.200")
Exhaust: 273 (adv), 223 (.050"), 139 (.200")
On a 112 Lobe Separation Angle,
Installed on a 108 Intake Centerline.

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
I actively try not to know too much. Lol!
I've learned what fixes "broken", anything beyond that I ask questions.
Koffel's Place II is just down the road. I'm sure that helps...

Back