Wheel Alignement Specs

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been talking in another discussion about my wheel alignment, the SAI on my car is at 25 degrees, spec is 8 degrees, I am unsure if my car is really out or it is just the way the machines measure SAI on our cars, anyone had a wheel alignment done lately and would like to post the print out of their alignment?

align.jpg

Thanks
Bruce

align.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
If SAI is out, something is bent.

SAI is an engineering number, something that can only be changed by bent/sagging rails, a K being bent, or the alignment wrack being waaaaaaayyyyyy out of spec (dropped heads that no one's recalibrated).

If your's is that far out, time to get it up on a frame wrack and have some tram or and laser target measurements done.

And take it back and tell 'em you want both sides to match. Putting it in the green is a lazy ass who's just wanting to make sure the tires don't wear.

Our cars can actually stand a bit a more (a lot more) negative caster and camber for handling purposes. The suspensions doggy enough as it is. Up to five degrees negative caster and throw in about negative two and half camber and you'll be able to drive around circles around that little girl who runs out in the street chasing her ball.

Last edited:
Back