1977 Aspen Coupe

Aspen500

Reaction score
At the risk of everybody complaining his price is too high (always seems to happen no matter what the asking price) here it is and don't kill the messenger. Somewhere near Eau Claire in western WI

1977 Dodge Aspen SE - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive...

1643750735991.png

SooperKoop

Reaction score
Here's an Aspen you can work with... obviously you have to get some pictures of the underside as a Step 1 before you pass go. So, you have some ripples in the sheet metal on the driver side quarter panel and unfortunately the grill looks like it has a little chunk missing( somebody really needs to step up and start reproducing these grills for these F-Bodies; I know this isn't the first time we've said it but seriously....there's a Need!)..The interior looks pretty clean and it has a console and it's a factory A/C car.. it also has that built-in day two look...the fat cragars on the back so typical of the back the day! Sure, it's on the pricier side but, if the current owner is negotiable and realistic to a point, I think a good deal could be had.
It seems like the fairly decent stuff sells pretty quickly these days.
As more and more of the traditional Mopars become scarce the focus on F bodies will become even greater and of course with that you'll have everyone trying to flip pieces of junk in the hope of having some pot of gold at the other end of that greedy "profit rainbow". I call these folks "The Vultures" of our hobby. In the end, that only hurts the True Enthusiasts of these cars and I think that holds true for ALL other cars of interest to their respective fans. Conversely, it's also usually the Enthusiasts of a particular model, that are also harsh because they want to land the best deal and so they'll lambaste anyone to drive that price down to next to nothing which is what everyone always wants to try to get something for these days. It is such classless gamesmanship to go this route. If we want to be honest here, this is what happens.
I have a friend who has an old school Volkswagen GTI; he goes on VWVortex and they do the same damn thing... trying to drive down the price in order to "score the deal". If everyone would just be reasonable and offer an item for a fair price with no game playing and be straight be about it, not only would that benefit the person who really wants that particular car or part of choice, but it would also allow the old car hobby to be a lot healthier overall. Unfortunately this day and age, money ruins a lot. I say this with a feeling of "I wish it were different", but this is the reality we have to deal with. I had to get this off my chest...sorry about that... I have officially stepped off the soapbox...LOL!

That being said, I think this could be a good deal and it has potential and if you really want one and you like this one and see potential in it, then I say go for it! It's what you make of it and most importantly, have fun doing it!

Cheers, SooperKoop

Last edited:
Back