1977 Mexican Spec Dodge Super Bee

Mexican Spec

Reaction score
I thought you guys might taking a look at a Mexican Spec Super Bee.

The Super Bee in Mexico was always on the Duster type platform, as there were no Coronets in Made in Mexico.

Under the hood you have a 360 V8 connected to a 4 speed on the floor. Remember Mexico didn't have the smog restriction the US had, so this is all engine here. No Lean Burn to deal with.

In these years imports were not allowed, so Mexico had to produce their own cars.

That is how we get these parts bin cars. You will notice that even though this is a Dodge and says Super Bee, it says Valiant on the grille.

It was very common for the front of the car to be Dodge and the rear Plymouth.

I hope you enjoy this car and if you want to see more please visit my Instagram page which is under my same name.

01-rightfender.jpg
02-right.jpg
03-dash.jpg
04-int.jpg
05-grille.jpg
06-eng.jpg
07-rear.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
Nice ride.
I keep telling my wife I want to go down to Mexico and bring a 81-82 Magnum/Dart coupe back home.

Mexican Spec

Reaction score
Nice ride.
I keep telling my wife I want to go down to Mexico and bring a 81-82 Magnum/Dart coupe back home.
I see a lot of Darts, but I haven't seen a Magnum in quite a while.

If you really want one let me know. I can ask around and try to make a deal.

SooperKoop

Reaction score
Fantastic Example of an F-Body MoPar You have there!!! I think the combination of names, Badges and trim really adds to these and makes them quite unique... Chrysler always had a way of doing things differently and that's what we love about them so much!

I am always fascinated by the few pictures that I have seen of a 4-speed manual with the "Center Console". I would love to know if anyone else out there knows whether or not there is any additional bracketry or placement of the console to accommodate the manual transmission set up! Welcome to the site... lots of enthusiasm here!

Cheers, SooperKoop

Mexican Spec

Reaction score
Fantastic Example of an F-Body MoPar You have there!!! I think the combination of names, Badges and trim really adds to these and makes them quite unique... Chrysler always had a way of doing things differently and that's what we love about them so much!

I am always fascinated by the few pictures that I have seen of a 4-speed manual with the "Center Console". I would love to know if anyone else out there knows whether or not there is any additional bracketry or placement of the console to accommodate the manual transmission set up! Welcome to the site... lots of enthusiasm here!

Cheers, SooperKoop
I have pictures of other Mexican Spec Super Bees and Darts if you guys want to see them. The center console on this one was a little beat up, but some of them are like new.

Lightning II

Reaction score

Same here, just seeing how the consoles were set up would help a ton once I could get one.

armataz

Reaction score
I thought you guys might taking a look at a Mexican Spec Super Bee.

The Super Bee in Mexico was always on the Duster type platform, as there were no Coronets in Made in Mexico.

Under the hood you have a 360 V8 connected to a 4 speed on the floor. Remember Mexico didn't have the smog restriction the US had, so this is all engine here. No Lean Burn to deal with.

In these years imports were not allowed, so Mexico had to produce their own cars.

That is how we get these parts bin cars. You will notice that even though this is a Dodge and says Super Bee, it says Valiant on the grille.

It was very common for the front of the car to be Dodge and the rear Plymouth.

I hope you enjoy this car and if you want to see more please visit my Instagram page which is under my same name.

View attachment 45709View attachment 45710View attachment 45711View attachment 45712View attachment 45713View attachment 45714View attachment 45715
I would love to get a hold of that factory hood set up, for my wagon.. the car looks cool. nice facts to know. thanks.

Back