FOR SALE 1977 Plymouth Volare Car/Parts (in junkyard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kern Dog

Reaction score
Man...our cars out here on the West Coast never look that bad. I have dealt with rusty A body cars though.
The pictures early in the thread showing foot high snow on the cars shocked me. WTF, man ???
I'm so spoiled over here.
Then seeing snow all around the cars in the yard had me thinking of how miserable it must be to deal with that. I complain when I'm dripping sweat into my eyes and ears in the Summer but geez...I'd take that over freezing cold, shivering, hands slipping off of wrenches due to numb fingers then smacking against a crusty section of metal ...

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Ugh, a new york car, and an early model f body too. Even the engine is rusted, that's why I don't worry about a little valve cover leak, keeps the motor preserved. My grandpa was a huge fan of the slant six f bodies, he had a fleet of them he ran the mail with from 77 until the mid 90s. He special ordered them with the police package and they lasted incredibly well in severe service, he'd get several hundred thousand miles out of the running gear but the early 77s rusted apart in a few years even here in NC. He only kept 2 of his mail cars after he retired, a 77 volare and my 80 Aspen he used for personal driving, the volare's odometer has rolled over 3 times judging by the registration cards but he stopped driving it because the fenders were already falling off of it in the 80s. I still keep it around for parts, the body is shot but it has some great hard to find stuff on it

View attachment 52006

View attachment 52007
Yeah that's about as bad the one in the junkyard. Even for the salt belt I thought it was pretty bad. It must have been outdoors in a field. I'm surprised it was even still car shaped. The roof was the only thing holding it together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back