1977 Plymouth Volare Premier Coupe on Hemmings.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
This was listed as a "Find of the Day" on Hemmings last Monday:
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/...aily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019-10-14

FOTD_1009-B-970x632.jpg

I've seen this coupe advertised before. It's extremely clean and nice, but I don't like the "musical notation" painted above the Volare emblem on the fenders. The association between that awful song and the Plymouth F is best forgotten. The price seems quite good for this nice little coupe.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Darth Car has been on their site since August. He has never made it to "find of the day." So 2 weeks ago I made the decision to list him on their new auction site. I called their office, and enplaned what I wanted to do. They would not help me directly over the phone, and said I had to go to the site, and fill out their registration form.

So I did that. The site said I would not hear from them for approximately 3-4 days, since they would have to jury the car to see if it was worthy. One week, and a half later I get this quick little terse E-Mail that they did not find the car worthy of their auction standards, and that I should keep paying them for a regular listing instead. :(

Well that snob attitude ruined their credibility with me. I have seen some of the things they have been auctioning, and some of them have not been that special.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Well that snob attitude ruined their credibility with me.
I know what you mean. I used to post regularly on Hemmings Daily, but not anymore. I got fed up with the bickering and haughty attitude of many of the other posters, and then got attitude from Hemmings staff when I called them out on it. I still look, but I never post anymore. Darth car will find a home at some point, it's a beautiful car. Hang in there. ;)

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thats another overpriced volare and the market shows it, its been for sale for a long long time and cars have came along as nice for 1/2 this asking price here and they sell.

Its not rocket science, if something is listed for X amount of time and dont sell, its time to lower the price or accept the market isnt there and may never be there.

volare 77

Reaction score
The f bodies with those tops just don`t do it for me. I think that and it being a 6 cyl are holding that car back from selling.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ive grown to like the top on my runner only because its a semi obscure option, but mix the top with a /6 and some oem. low sag rear springs and it reminds me of the clapped out /6 1/2 top dusters I used to hate to see way back.

Nothing on that car pops for me, even the nice seats are not power, just manual pretty.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Like many I take a second look at I find more and more positive things, its a low end premier with the /6 and the non power seats but is that the end of the world?

I used to think Hemmings got there cars they profile off of ebay listings.

The ad now says no longer available. Wonder if it sold as to me the main drawback was the price. Thank god im not a millionaire, Id have more cars then would make realistic sense.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yeah, wish I didn't have to worry about all my millions............:D I know what you mean though. It sucks but I'm also almost glad I've only room to have 3 vehicles (one "hot rod", one summer DD and one winter DD). If the garage was bigger, I'm sure there would be more cars.

Back