Tiger_Sapper

Reaction score
Contact seller
1977 Plymouth Volare 4 dr Sedan
318 cu in/904 trans
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Brakes

Located in Baton Rouge, LA (However, I can bring the car to Mobile, AL on April, 29th for the Mopar's at the Battleship show.)

Asking $1800 OBO

Car has clean, current LA title in my name.

I've owned the car since August 2016 and finally decided to unload it to clear some room in the garage. The car runs, however, it does sputter and die if the accelerator isn't feathered. The car goes into forward and reverse gears but has not been driven at more than an idle. I have a short video of the car running that I can send to anyone interested. The car sat up for some years and was pulled out of a barn a few years ago. The previous owner says he did some brake work and other small maintenance items to get the car running but then it sat up and hasn't been driven since.

The car looks to be all original. There is rust at the bottom of the fenders, around the taillights and tail panel, and in the trunk. Doors, rockers, and floor pans look to be good without any rust through. If asking price is paid, I will include the 16" Crown Vic wheels seen in the pictures with brand new 235/65 Hankook Tires. If asking price is not met, the wheels will likely be replaced with some 15" steelies or some spare wheels I have laying around.

More pictures are available upon request and PM is the best way to reach me. Once again, if you are not local to south Louisiana, I can trailer the car to Mobile, AL on April 29th and would be willing to meet there or anywhere between Baton Rouge and Mobile along the Gulf Coast.

exterior close up.JPG

interior 1.JPG

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Any interest? Is the price too high? Willing to negotiate.
Well, to answer your question, yes. The price is too high for what appears to be essentially a parts car. Probably the most desirable/valuable thing about it is the 318, which unfortunately doesn't seem to run very well. With the amount of rust you describe, it would be more than likely that the frame rails are also rusted. A four door, relatively base sedan is not particularly desirable, and having the functioning of the transmission remain a mystery does not help. No offense intended, but just responding to your question. Good luck with your sale.

moper

Reaction score
I would like to see the car washed, and clear, well lit, detailed (read that as closer up) pictures of the rusty areas, the underside, the engine bay, and the interior. I'm a potential buyer for a car such as this, but I'm 2500 miles away and will need to pay to ship. Given this is a nationwide/worldwide marketplace you need to convince a far away buyer the car's worth it with your pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back