1977 Road Runner 360 4bb 727 and 411's

USMCCHAD0311

Reaction score
Hello and Good evening,

I just wanted to say hello and thank you for building such a great site. I have owned my 1977 Volare Road Runner for 15 years and has been a project car. Ive always wanted to restore it to the how I wanted it to be when I had the image of the car in High school. So I have owned it sense I was 14 (I'M 29) and my uncle sold it to me not running, siting on the side of his house and ready for the junk yard. I saved and penny pinched for 2 years and saved up $400 bucks. It was now mine all mine. I had no idea about cars or mechanics I Just knew i loved the body and sharp looks. I how ever didn't realize how hard parts and fellow F-body people were to come by tell I began working on it and trying to fix the broken and worn out parts. I can remember back to the 90's when these cars were never included in any shows or Muscle car mags. My buddy's driving camero's and mustangs joke what the hell is a Volare Roadrunner. My fav all time motivation was on dazed and confused when they had a 76 Roadrunner in the parking lot at the baseball game. I was like see cool people did owe these cars. I was just like one day these cars will be talked about and screw all the mustang and camero guys with there dime a dozen paints and parts. That's when I decide this car was a passion and a life style not just your average Joe's car. So i decide never to sale it. I Joined the Marines and left to war. Losing who I was over and over on 4 combat deployments as a infantry man. I lost my passion for life a little after some close calls of death ( sounds hooky I know but all true ), I lost many friends over the years In The Marines. I finally got home and my mom said Chad you need to get back to you. Who you were before the madness. She said your dad and I Don't have the money to do all we want to you car but will help you start rolling. So after being home I've thrown myself into the car as a escape from my daily life. I feel normal and 16 again driving it. I seems to only get around 5-10 mpg lol so every pay day I feel up at $4.09 a gallon. I love my F-body and anyone who has one knows one know its not just a volare or aspen. there Muscle cars and deserve respect along with there older brothers. So as of now I've been bring her back to life one day at a time. These sites are amazing the possibles, ideas and help they offer. These clubs are true Brother Hoods so I just wanted to say hello to my new family and thanks in advance. See you around...

Wylde1

Reaction score
Welcome!

Dazed And Confused - great movie! I remember that roadrunner in the parking lot. For some reason it kinda jumps out at you. lol

Please post some pics of your 'runner.

Wylde1.

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a bigger picture from his profile...

image.php

USMCCHAD0311

Reaction score
lol Beat me to it. I'm still learning how to post pics on the site. I work crazy hours so I'm on very random. I'd link up on my IPHONE but the 3G service on base is hit or miss.

USMCCHAD0311

Reaction score
I'm a air shock guy I love the hop on hard turns and the bumpy ride. I've had Monroe air shocks sense highschool and keep them at 100psi they max at 200psi so I could raise it another few inches.

ramenth

Reaction score
Thanks for your service!

Welcome aboard, brother.

Yeah, the F/M/J body system gets in your blood and it won't come out. Good to know you've been able to get back from overseas and find some therapy in the build.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I see Colorado tags. Where are you at in Colorado? I'm in Vernal UT 30 miles from Colorado.

Back