FOR SALE 1979 Volare

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbee6043

Reaction score
Contact seller
I admit to being a long time member on FABO and FBBO. I just brought in this survivor. I will offer it here, if anyone wants a rust free nice example of a true survivor, I recently moved from Missouri to SE Tx sold all but just 2 of my collection of mostly A bodies. I have been a mopar guy since mid 80;s,, I bought this car as it was such a nice example ( yes its a 225 slant!),ps,pb air, col auto... I have never had any of these F,M,J cars and it would be fun to learn about them.
No rust, straight body except for 2 very small creases on left near rear lower qtr. very hard to even see. interior : back seat mint as are headliner, door panels,
IMG_0092.JPG
steering wheel, front seat has couple of wear spots as does carpet by left foot. speedo shows 97,000 which I suspect is actually true. engine compartment is great, except someone has changed out the radiator to incorrect one.
engine has leaks as does ps hose. I have not given the engine any real look. has usual oil leaks. drives great.
the P O was young guy that bought it off his neighbor that lived down the street and was I understand original owner. he bought those "modern" rims and rubber band tires. they will be the first items to go! sorry.
$2900. if not worth that, I look forward to meeting and learning one this site. thanks..

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

100_2180.JPG

100_2174.JPG

100_2175.JPG

100_2182.JPG

100_2183.JPG

100_2184.JPG

Volare4life

Reaction score
So is the car forsale ?? Yea those wheels and tires are hideous, what wheels will come with the car ?

kkritsilas

Reaction score
you can probably sell the wheels and get some money back. Or maybe you can work out a deal with the seller, and get a reduced price if he keeps the wheels.

barbee6043

Reaction score
yes I hate those wheels too! I will sell those, but I will put 15 x 7;s on and tires so if that happens price stays the same! I really bought this car for myself, but it is so nice, I feel maybe a lover of F bodies would figure this a nice car at a nice price. i have never had an F body and look forward to learning bout them. also picked up set of window louvers for it, would love to find a rear spoiler too but no doubt hard to find. ha
best part of this car is it is rust free, one very small crease at left rear wheel well and few gravel pecks, I could have lunch off the bottom side even.
I did all the body/paint work on six early A bodies and 1 B body over last few years, and even though I enjoy it, at age 69, I wanted a car that really needed NO body work! I sold all but 2 of those when I moved to Tx last Nov. still have to go back to Mo for my 62 Lancer and buddy has my 1 remaining car, 65 dart he will sell for me.
like said, if this car IS sold, it will go to a loving home or I will keep it and love it!!!
thanks for all interest and likes for this old car!!

kkritsilas

Reaction score
There is a member here, I think it is BH43, who is making reproductions of all of the F body road runner pieces, including the louvers, wheels spats, and spoilers (pretty much all of the add on body pieces that were used on the factory F body Road runner). From all accounts, they are more durable than the factory originals.

You should be able to sell the wheels and tires for a lot more than 15X7s and tires. Those wheels, as ugly as they are to my eye, would work well with a modern car (say a 300, Charger, or Challenger, or many SUVs) They are not ugly as wheels go, they just don't work with this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back