1981 Imperial with EFI. Battery brand and Size

MARCH374

Reaction score
Which battery brand do you prefer ? What is the largest size i can use ? Thanks

Aspen500

Reaction score
My brand of choice is Interstate. I think the largest that will fit is a group 27. My Aspen has a group 94R and it fills the tray. Same dimensions (length and width) as a group 27, just a less on height).

20240709_183740.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
My goto for several years now has been Walmart with zero returns. Costco has been the worst, I've gotten a couple duds from other places and while their replacements have been OK their business hours were awkward.

Aspen500

Reaction score
My goto for several years now has been Walmart with zero returns. Costco has been the worst, I've gotten a couple duds from other places and while their replacements have been OK their business hours were awkward.
Problem with that is,,,,,,,you have to go to Walmart. No thanks!

A couple years ago, the Interstate in my Dakota was 12 years old, and still load tested almost as good as new yet. I replaced it anyways though, just because.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Problem with that is,,,,,,,you have to go to Walmart. No thanks!

A couple years ago, the Interstate in my Dakota was 12 years old, and still load tested almost as good as new yet. I replaced it anyways though, just because.

I've never had an interstate last any decent amount of time and around here the places that sell them are only open during normal business hours so when it comes time to exchange them it can become a hassle.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
East Penn makes batteries for NAPA. They kick ass. You just have to make sure the NAPA battery model is made by East Penn. They've started phasing them out for Clarios batteries

Back