1983 DODGE DIPLOMAT POLICE CAR..Just missed this one

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
APPRIASED VALUE: $14,000

http://www.dezercollection.com/1983-dodge-diplomat-police-car-c-417.htm

Year: 1983 Make: DODGE Model: DIPLOMAT Trim: POLICE CAR Body Style: 4DR Stock 00450 Mileage: 25668 Engine Size: V8 Transmission: Automactic Exterior Color: BLUE & WHITE Interior Color: BLUE Vin: 2B3BG26S7DR228955

417_main_l.jpg

417_p2_l.jpg

417_p3_l.jpg

417_p4_l.jpg

417_p5_l.jpg

417_p6_l.jpg

417_p7_l.jpg

417_p8_l.jpg

417_p9_l.jpg

417_p10_l.jpg

Last edited:

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
Nope, and I really don't ever want to own something like that where it is basically a museum "Door stop," and not an enjoyable thing to own.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, and I really don't ever want to own something like that where it is basically a museum "Door stop," and not an enjoyable thing to own.
Not me I would love to turn those lights on and pull somebody over...just for a joke that is...oops I would probably get busted down here..:violent1:

ramenth

Reaction score
Not me I would love to turn those lights on and pull somebody over...just for a joke that is...oops I would probably get busted down here..:violent1:

You'd get busted here, too.

I had a buddy who won an old Suburban ambulance in a raffle. It was complete, even with a gurney in the back. He got pulled over by a sheriff's deputy one time and was asked to turn on the lights. When they started flashing red, the sheriff gave him an option: disable the lights or find a color other than red for the lenses. A week later his ambulance was sporting yellow lenses.

Some states will give exemptions. But you have to prove the pedigree. I want to build a clone of a NYS trooper car with the old Sunoco colors. I can go down to the local troopers' barracks and get the waiver that will allow me the bubblegum machines on top, but I need to show documentation that the car was indeed a bonafide cop car which saw duty as a police officer first.

But if I get caught pulling someone over, or running the lights just for the fun of it outside a parade or show...well, then the exemption is pulled and no more clone.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
I think someone looked at all the wiring and plumbing that's typical for an M-body, decided to shut the hood, and forget that it was even there.

Yep, looks like they forgot to plug the PCV back into the valve cover.:laughing9:

D Dodge

Reaction score
Nope, and I really don't ever want to own something like that where it is basically a museum "Door stop," and not an enjoyable thing to own". At least you should be able to enjoy a nice pleasant drive because all the other drivers would be afraid to mess with you. :cool:

Back