SOLD 1987 Plymouth Gran Fury, plain white wrapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerW

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey all:

As I have become more involved with the Mopar scene, I have decided to limit my focus to pre-'70 vehicles, so I have decided to put my '87 up for sale.

This is a Salon, with A/C, cruise, and no other options I am aware of. It is not and never was an AHB. The original velour is underneath custom seat covers that have likely been on it since new. There are 99,000 verified miles on the odometer. The Lean Burn has been converted back to standard Mopar carb and ignition.

I put new tires on it last year, replaced the rotors and shocks,also replaced all the belts and hoses, along with the battery. It runs and drives good, but has been rarely driven over the last several months.

It is a nice, solid car, but being a 32yo Mopar, it has things that need attention:

1. The SATC is acting up, most likely the actuator. I already repaired all the vacuum lines last year. I may or may not have this repaired before I sell it.

2. Both front door glasses are loose in the tracks and are difficult to roll up all the way.

3. There's a water leak in the left driver footwell.

4. The radio display is flaky...sometimes it works fine, other times it indicates the time as 13:09, etc..lol.

5. The AC is functional, but weak.

6. There's a nerf in the left rear door, as shown, along with other minor imperfections.

This car is currently registered and insured and comes with a clear TN title. I am located right off I-65 at the Tennessee/Alabama line.

I think $2500 is a good starting point. Feel free to PM me with any questions or you can ask them here as well. Thanks!

20180617_153833.jpg

20180617_154015.jpg

20180617_154033.jpg

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I wonder if that car was a special order. Somebody really went out of their way to get such basic seats for a non commercial use vehicle.

Opticon77

Reaction score
Water leak is most likely the cowl/firewall seam just below the A pillar in the door jam. The body sealer gets dried and cracked there and water gets between the panels and travels down to the footwell. Had to chip the old junk away and reseal that on my 87.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Those are some very incredible seat covers. They fit fantastic, and look like something the factory would have produced for a fleet vehicle.

TylerW

Reaction score
Those are some very incredible seat covers. They fit fantastic, and look like something the factory would have produced for a fleet vehicle.

When I bought it, I thought it had vinyl upholstery...that's how good the covers are. I don't know if it was some kind of fleet vehicle....it's got VIN stickers all over inside the doors and trunk and hood.

Poly

Reaction score
Your photos are great. They show a perfect dash, steering wheel, door frames and sills. there's no outer body rust-through.

I've too too much on my plate already but if I were looking I'd want to see front to back of the undercarrage, the entire driver's seat back and seat bottom, and the degree of detail in the engine compartment.
Ebay is $10.00/30 days classified ad if you were not already aware.
Great looking car. Interior appears to have been detailed and absent of junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back