FOR SALE 1989 Chrysler 5th Ave, parts or whole. Detroit, MI Suburbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmine

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello good FMJ people. I'm pretty active on FCBO but I also love FMJs. I actually love any/all Mopars... I'm shipping a minivan from Arizona as I type this.

Here is one of 3 J-Imperials I have restored. I sold it to a buyer in Illinois. I would have kept this car if I had infinite garage space; which I'll get to in a moment.
1343219057.jpg

This was a super low-mile '88 M that I bought at auction to save from consumption by low information voters. (My rims tend to travel from car to car)
SU1HLTIwMTMxMTI2LTAzMzM3LmpwZw_zpse287a57e.jpg

Have owned some F's as well, and would like to save this R...

But now to get down to business... I've actually had this '89 since '99 and it has traveled with me to Arizona and back to MI. The plan from the very beginning was to eventually build this last-RWD-Chrysler into a stock-appearing Pro-touring type car. But now I have a '61 LeBaron awaiting resto, a '69 Imperial, a one-of-one C body showcar, a T-top Magnum, and 2 more Mopars being trucked across the US as I write (one of them never intended for sale in the US). Point is, God only knows if I'll ever get to my 5th Ave and by the time I do, cars will likely be outlawed.

So I have decided to clear some inventory. I could clean this thing up and sell it for $1500 as "transportation" to local broke-ass baby-mamas who would destroy it inside of a month. That would make me quite sad. For although it looks quite ugly in house-paint cream, the body is solid and the interior is perfect. So I would rather sell the car to somebody who will appreciate it even if that means less cash.

The other alternative (which I might actually favor) would be for me to remove the whole interior (including airbag stuff) and just sell the body/stock drivetrain. Or you come pull those pieces for me and I'll just give you the rest. The car has been stored under a carport at a house I own outside of Detroit (NE suburbs). It still runs and drives, but hasn't been used in years. I am just plain out of room, and if I condense my 5th Ave dreams down to seats, etc that I can store in my garage attic, I gain a parking space. I'm pretty confident that I can find another good 5th Ave body someday, but probably in a color I hate and with a ruined interior. That's why I could just cut it down to trim parts.

IMG_20170309_155456_zpsaznlnhug.jpg

IMG_20170309_155518_zpslh4x8xk3.jpg

IMG_20170309_155346_zpskkzhswrz.jpg
IMG_20170309_155433_zpsaxq4gziy.jpg

IMG_20170309_155328_zpsrcliurmk.jpg

Last edited:

89.Fifth

Reaction score
What kind of time frame are you looking to move it? I really want the car but I won't have space until September.

Carmine

Reaction score
What kind of time frame are you looking to move it? I really want the car but I won't have space until September.

Sometime after temps stay above freakin' 10 degrees, but before I have to start mowing grass... does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back