FOR SALE 360 4bbl intake #3830945 L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle340

Reaction score
Contact seller
75-78 360 4bbl intake #3830945. Casting date of 5-16-75. Intake has been sitting outside for many years before I got it, bottom is rusty. $30 if anyone can use it, I would rather not ship as it would be expensive, but can deliver to Carlisle or the nats if interested. Or pickup is welcome in 40165 Kentucky. Thanks

IMG_20210619_143059101.jpg
IMG_20210619_143110581.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Note: the rusted metal plate is not too hard to remove and replace. The plate is there to prevent splash oil from hitting the hot exhaust crossover passageway. Without that shield in place, you will find a glob of "burnt oil ash" caked-up there, with the possibility of some of it making its way into the oil pump (which is not good).

There are two metal headless screws (I guess is what you can call them - and is visible in the above photo). Take a good set (or a new set) of large vice-grips and attach to the rounded off head like you would if it had six-sides to it. Once vice grips are tight, loosen the vice grips, tighten the screw a bit more and re-grip. You will need to do this 3 or maybe 4 times to get a good "squish" with the vice grips - before trying to rotate the screws. Then twist counter-clockwise and those "screws" will unscrew. Save those screws. Use the old metal plate to fashion a new metal plate (stainless might be good). Then place the "screws" back in the hole with a new plate and use a big hammer (1 or 2 pounder) to tap those screws back into place.

It might be a good idea to get the entire intake sand (or bead) blasted before re-installing that plate.
BudW

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
For those screws a trick is to grind 2 flat sides on them, then it's easier to grip. No one sees them anyway.
I always get my intakes hot tanked and glass beaded when they're off. Doesn't cost much and saves a lot of time trying to clean it yourself with all those tight spots and cleans out the egr and choke passages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back