76 Volare Factory 4 Speed

ChuckM

Reaction score
Hi there. I think I scored a cool 76 Volare. Maybe not. It's from a family member on my wife's side. He is 75 years old. It's a 318 2 barrel with the factory 4 speed. 94000 miles in Arizona. Not only is it kept in a garage, but it also stays covered. Are these cars rare, or fairly common? I'm not officially going to get it until next Saturday

24059.jpeg

24063.jpeg

Screenshot_20221029_183835_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I have no idea about rarity, but that is a nice looking car, I love the paint/stripe combination. Being a 4 speed, you have a lot of options should you decide to modify it.

ChuckM

Reaction score
Thank you for responding. Yeah the last one I had was a blue ttop version back in 1988. I joined this group just out of curiosity. Yours looks really nice too. I lived in Canada until 2005 and never saw a volare or aspen there anymore. I think the road salt ate them. I've been in California and I see one every once in a while, but not often

Camtron

Reaction score
You’ll see less of them on the road then a number of classic cars but, not particularly rare.
They’re still not even particularly sought after; but they will be. The mid 70s Dusters are just starting to get real popular, in a decade (give or take), people will be all over F bodies too.

ChuckM

Reaction score
You’ll see less of them on the road then a number of classic cars but, not particularly rare.
They’re still not even particularly sought after; but they will be. The mid 70s Dusters are just starting to get real popular, in a decade (give or take), people will be all over F bodies too.
Thanks Cam. I promised I'd never sell it, but just thought I'd ask about it. The car is super clean. I'm going to have to daily drive it for a few months until I can get another beater car. Then I too will keep it covered in my garage and just bring it out on the weekends

Bluejeansthe5th

Reaction score
Looks like a base coupe that probably had the interior redone and upgraded from original. If the car was always in Arizona, it can be hard on interior materials. I think the 4-speed in a 3-speed with overdrive, so it will be a responsive car, and economical at the same time. I sold these new in 76, people really liked them. Hope you get the car.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
Looks like a base coupe that probably had the interior redone and upgraded from original. If the car was always in Arizona, it can be hard on interior materials. I think the 4-speed in a 3-speed with overdrive, so it will be a responsive car, and economical at the same time. I sold these new in 76, people really liked them. Hope you get the car.
Thanks, I'm hoping it's everything it's reported to be.

Back