'76 Volare owner

Jonesym33

Reaction score
Austin, TX here. I picked up a 76 Volare off Craigslist a little while back, I cleaned it up and gave it a little bit of a Mad Max treatment and here it is now. It has a 318, 904 automatic transmission, 7 1/4 inch rear. Since these pictures one of my lifters blew out and eventually I had a flat cam lobe and some unhappy bearings, so right now the engine is being reassembled. I have a pretty steep cam, some big valves and a home port job on the heads that I'm finishing up right now. It has a a lot of your other standard goodies (headers, intake), so hopefully it will run well for me.

And I can't figure out how to post pics from my phone so I will post them tomorrow.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. If you can attach your phone to your computer then you can copy them to your computer and attach them to your post. If you have a photobucket account you can email them straight to photobucket.

Jonesym33

Reaction score
Pics

lets see if this works?

photo (2).jpg

photo3.jpg

Jonesym33

Reaction score
a little after I got it

This is when I got it. Don't let the picture fool you though, the other side had a number of dents, some rust, and most of the trim was damaged in one way or another before we 'mad max'ed it.....

oldvolare.jpg

Jonesym33

Reaction score
And so far the engine is together and back in the car, we are trying to get everything pinned in now (starter, wiring, etc). I'll wash it and try to get a video up when I get it together and the engine somewhat broke in.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Yea first pic is the best I think there is a nova or something in there I dunno I didn't really see the car.....

Jonesym33

Reaction score
One last pic.

Ha, Yeah my girlfriend took the car to work and did a photo shoot with a friend during lunch.

For now this is the end with the color. I have a satin urethane that I'm going to spray on it just to make it as clean and consistent as possible. The coat in the pics is just black primer. The problem with satin anything though is that unless the car is completely clean it looks like a junkyard car. The only other thing I might try to do is pull the hood trim and find a real subtle hood scoop or scoops. The engine rebuild went a little crazy so a scoop will match the sound of the car anyway.

volare3.jpg

Jonesym33

Reaction score
Long time no see :)
I am in B/CS now working at Texas A&M. Updates on the car:
Someone hit me and I had a wrecked front end for a while, then my old job ended and I got caught up in moving, etc. The Volare hasn't been on the road for 2 years but I do start it every few months, and just recently got new parts for the front end. When it's back together I'll post pics again.

David Clark

Reaction score
Welcome welcome welcome

Awesome looking Ride. I for one like the FLAT Paint Jobs myself. But I am the weird one in the lot LOL.

Back