'76 Volare radiator options?

Jonesym33

Reaction score
Looks like I need a new radiator after the build. Are f and m body radiators matching? If not anyone know a good option for increased cooling for a hopped up 318 in a 76 Volare with automatic? I was reading that there is a good drop in 3 core for an '87 diplomat, and if the 2 are compatible..... Also, I'm not worried about bolt locations, just matching size and hose/lines locations. I'll drill holes if I need to.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I just put a 26" two core in mine. An M body will fit in a F body. Just make some brackets if yours was that puny 22" radiator.

IMG_0642840x630.jpg

IMG_0640840x630.jpg

IMG_0639840x630.jpg

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...k=Search_01386_1069512_506&pt=01386&ppt=C0331

bremeiric was a huge help when i went throiugh this last year it was a pain in the ass until i had all the parts in front of me then it was easy the hard part is making sure evreything is gonna work with eachother.....when i did mine i knew the water pump was old so there for changed much more then jus the radiator since i was in there all ready water pump/radiator/new t stat new t stat housing aluminum/and put wter wetter in there with the anti freeze alot cooler then before and great stuff also put in the radiator anti rust soultion ill b around to help ya if u need nething eric know alot and i got pics of what i did if u need

1976RR

Reaction score
Is yours an original NON-AC vehicle ??? if so ... youre upper and lower tank should be 3-4 inches long ( front to rear )... if this is the case ... you can have a rad shop build you a 3 core ( modine style ) radiator ... there are alot more tubes per square... Worked in my 380-400 hp crate motor .. NO problems ... and NO modifications needed to mount it back in place ...

Jonesym33

Reaction score
I ended up picking up a 4 core aluminum that is built for a dart. Easy enough to cut new holes in the mount bracket, and it seems to hold the heat just fine. The only problem I have us the overflow valve is on the wrong (drivers) side. At least now the beast is alive. I don't know what kind of performance I'm going to get out of it but it seems eager to show me. I've put about 60 miles on it do far.

Back