FOR SALE '78 LeBaron 4 speed T-top

Status
Not open for further replies.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Contact seller
IMG_8860_zpssdkiijcj.jpg
IMG_8837_zpsugmiipcu.jpg
I know I've seen this before somewhere. Now apparently it's down in Princeton N.J. at an Acura dealer for sale.
Chrysler: LeBaron
Looks a little rough around the edges, but boy would this be a nice, unusual car to have! Imagine this after some TLC and $$. I'd love to have this coupe, but I'm already over my head in things I 'gotta do. I'm so tempted to go take a look at it, but that might push me over the edge, and then I'd have five cars sitting here.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I've known about that one since the upgrade to Windows 98 days.
I also know people who has seen it in person.

Great parts car and then get a solid Lebaron to put the parts on.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Yep, I knew I had seen it before and then found the old post for it here listed on Craigslist. I also remembered that it had some sort of issues. Really a shame, because I would think it is a pretty rare combo. It would be a good donor/conversion as you suggest. I wonder what it's history is?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I see paint on the cowl screen.
No A/C or cruise control.
Alternator drive belt is loose enough to twist the alternator pulley with belt in place.
The voltage regulator is rusted as all get out but the ballast resistor looks new.
Small Radiator

This might be the first Lebaron I’ve ever seen without A/C or cruise – not even taking the T-Tops or 4 speed into play.

s-l1600.jpg

89.Fifth

Reaction score
Feel sorry for the guy who buys that. That car is pretty rotted up and would need a complete restoration top to bottom.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Feel sorry for the guy who buys that. That car is pretty rotted up and would need a complete restoration top to bottom.
It's what I call 'soft'
Rotten from the inside out.

Be way ahead to transfer the parts to a solid Lebaron over the 100's of hours of rust work before the restoration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back