79 cordoba

furyfrank

Reaction score
have a few questions, figured this was the best place to post. What is the easiest way to check the oil pressure guage and sending unit. The car runs fine but the other day the oil pressure gauge dropped to zero. So I am figuring it is either the gauge or sending unit.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I would make sure you have oil pressure first. You can get a cheap test guage that you can screw in the block. Harbor Freight.

MagnumMaster

Reaction score
I had a Magnum do that once, the sender was leaking out the top, lost connection, replace it. If you're not hearing lifters collapsing, it's likely the gauge or sender. Do the sender first. I have gauges if you need one

furyfrank

Reaction score
Went out and started the car and no engine noise, so I am thinking the sending unit or the gauge.

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
A mechanical oil pressure gauge will screw into the same hole as your sending unit as a temporary test fixture. It either works....or it don't. Takes the electrical gremlins out of the equation.

furyfrank

Reaction score
Went out yesterday and messed around with the wire on sending unit and gauge started working so it was a bad connection. Thanks for all the replys.

Back