8 & 3/4 in a FMJ

65 Dartman

Reaction score
The 80 Cordoba I parted out had a 70 B Body 8.75 in it. It appeared that the PO spread the springs just a skosh to fit it in there. Great upgrade for an FMJ.

ramenth

Reaction score
The 80 Cordoba I parted out had a 70 B Body 8.75 in it. It appeared that the PO spread the springs just a skosh to fit it in there. Great upgrade for an FMJ.

Guess you could spread the springs. You can also buy the offset rear perches. Better yet, make your own. Bust the welds loose on the shackles, move the eyebolt where you need it and re-weld.

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
Anybody ever cut down a housing and fit it in directly? I've got a couple extra housings and gear sets out in the shed and I have tossed the idea of replacing the 8 1/4" diff when the 360/518 gets done.

volarerob

Reaction score
I just drilled the holes a little off set on the 8-3/4 spring purches so I could still use all of my stock stuff with new u bolts and I didn't have to move the springs very much at all. Everything went together nice.

IMG_0324.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
If you can weld and grind...just grind off the old spring perches and weld some new ones on at the right location...

chucker54_2155_42339946
available at Macini Racing for 10 bucks

1976RR

Reaction score
I just posted a want add on 8 3/4 housing needed .... and then once i get the housing i will need assistance on measurements to make it fit in my F body ..... Good to know Eric on perches .......

Dago Red

Reaction score
A Scosh Is All Ya Need

I just posted a want add on 8 3/4 housing needed .... and then once i get the housing i will need assistance on measurements to make it fit in my F body ..... Good to know Eric on perches .......

Pin to pin the B-body mounting holes on the perches are 44" apart, while the F-body mounting holes are 44.45" apart, so your looking at slightly less than 1/4" on each side.

Back