80 Cordoba in the boneyard

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
I found one, that is pretty picked over, but I am wondering if there are a few parts worth taking. The wiper linkage is gone, but the wiper motor is there. Is there a way to know if it is still good? I don't know how long the hood has been open. How do you remove the headlight switch? The windshield is good, but I haven't a clue how to remove it. It's north of Toronto , Ontario, by the way. Fender extensions also long gone.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a lot of people looking for a good windshield.

It generally takes two people to remove one. Tools need are some piano wire, a pair of pliers (needle nose or whatever you have in hand) also a trim tool and screwdrivers to remove the outer and inner trim.

Removing it on a warmer day is better than on a cold/cool day (except for the sweating part).
I have heard there are some electric knives out there that work great – but I hadn’t used one.

Basically, you have to poke the wire through the rubber holding the glass in to the other side - which takes a while to get started. Once done, the two people play a tug-of-war in see-saw action to cut the rubber. It can take 30 min to an hour cutting before glass gets loose. Once you have gone around the perimeter, then the person inside will push on glass (legs work better) while second person holds the glass upright.
It takes a lot of patience – and you want to make sure your partner is having a good day, before you start.

I thought these windshields were a bear to remove – but the newer cars are many times worse.
BudW

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
These inferior modern tin-cans nowadays rely on the windshield as a percentage of the body structure strength itself. Eggshells on wheels.

Back