81 Imp EFI to carb swap what n how?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
There's some replies in your post where you asked the same thing the other day.

mopops

Reaction score
There's some replies in your post where you asked the same thing the other day.
yup got incomplete ansewers i was hoping to find a member who did this swap and can remember what was done. i am not looking to do a factory change out, just what needs to be done to make a daily driver

XfbodyX

Reaction score
You folks tell me if this even sounds semi correct as I bought this packet of parts simply for parts but ive not robbed anything from it yet.

I put the parts out of the big envelope into a smaller bin but I can take pics.

Sorry if this is of no use.

DSC09165.JPG

DSC09166.JPG

DSC09167.JPG

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Need to see pics of the parts. From the diagrams it could be anything related to those diagrams and the original conversion kit had a lot more.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I will pull it out in the AM, its 90% of the parts in the diagram and I thought it was some sort of kit from the start. Most have individual part number tags on them as well.

Aspen500

Reaction score
In the 1st thread I posted a link to the factory instruction packet. It's PDF so each page has to be downloaded, but it might help.

mopops

Reaction score
In the 1st thread I posted a link to the factory instruction packet. It's PDF so each page has to be downloaded, but it might help.
tks it s a lot to digest, looking at all everybody has sent me n collecting parts tks

1982 IMP

Reaction score
I put a gas tank from a Cordoba in mine because the tank was full of rust and sludge.New Imperial tank not available.I used a cordoba fuel pick up and adapted the Imperial level sensor to it.The Cordoba sensor has a different resistance and doesn't read accurately to the Imperial Guage.If your tank is good you could take the pump out and lengthen the pick up tube.I just used the factory kick down linkage on the factory bracket.I had to cut the bracket in half and put a piece of metal in it to raise it up to line up properly.I put a four barrel Holley carb and an Edelbrock aluminum intake on my car.You may not have to do anything to it with a two barrel.My kick down works exactly like the factory.

mopops

Reaction score
I put a gas tank from a Cordoba in mine because the tank was full of rust and sludge.New Imperial tank not available.I used a cordoba fuel pick up and adapted the Imperial level sensor to it.The Cordoba sensor has a different resistance and doesn't read accurately to the Imperial Guage.If your tank is good you could take the pump out and lengthen the pick up tube.I just used the factory kick down linkage on the factory bracket.I had to cut the bracket in half and put a piece of metal in it to raise it up to line up properly.I put a four barrel Holley carb and an Edelbrock aluminum intake on my car.You may not have to do anything to it with a two barrel.My kick down works exactly like the factory.
tks my car runs fairly good i was gonna leave the tank pump an us a regulator to drop pressure tks again

Aspen500

Reaction score
You'll need to add a relay and a way to energize it to run the pump. From what I found, the pump relay is energized by the ECM which requires inputs from the ignition.

mopops

Reaction score
You'll need to add a relay and a way to energize it to run the pump. From what I found, the pump relay is energized by the ECM which requires inputs from the ii have 4 factory service books, too bad iam color blind. i see a relay by the coil an hoping to supply key on power to it. all the emission crap will go tks for responding

mopops

Reaction score
tks i got a new cordoba tank n sender with the car ,swapping the tank n sender sounds like the way to go thanks again

Back