A problem with the aspen

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
So i have had this problem but it just did it to me twice in 1 drive more then ever so when im making a left the car dies and it tried to do it but it like died but my foot was still on the gas going through the turn it like almost died and jerked back up to speed idk whats up i just had to get a new cap and rotor the coil wire nub inside was sheerd off and i had to buy a new coil. What should i look at.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
srry for the caps.....i will add she was a little cold and when she died i was able to put in nutrel and she started right back up and kept going.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I think I read about the making a turn problem over at FABO or slant six org. I can't remember what they found but you might do a search over there on it. Mike

crayzcuda

Reaction score
My guess would be the fuel pump. Not sure what type of pump your using. Stock, new or old? How does it run on hard acceleration?

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
new info it does it when its shifting to 2nd in a left hand turn.... stock orginal from what i thinbk fuel pump runs fine on acceleration they have a funky kickdown slider on it tho my dad says its a bb one.with a stoper in the middle of the slide slot.

crayzcuda

Reaction score
Sounds to me like fuel starvation. Your tranny kick down lever shouldn't be giving you this problem. Do you have access to a fuel pressure gauge? Should be at least 5 psi. Have you changed the fuel filter since owning your car? The old stock fuel pump may not be up to the task anymore especially if you changed to a four barrel carb. Just throwing you some ideas. I don't know what's all be done to your car for modifications and I read your car had sat for awhile before you bought it. Things get gummed up from old fuel. This doesn't sound like a big problem to fix, if the car runs fine otherwise.

miradacmx

Reaction score
mine stalled when making lefts. Float had a hole in it. Found a brass float and fixed the problem. it was in my 67 Fish.

Back