ac brackets for small block

tim berry

Reaction score
anybody have a set of ac brackets for the sd style compessor for sale . im gonna make my m1 intake work come hell or high water .thanks in advance.

tim berry

Reaction score
No i just got a mig welder . what i need is a clean set to work with mine have been messed with . But lookjng at that craigs listing for that brown mirada gave me another idea ,the position of the compressor would be advantageous . I think it would fit where the air pump use to be .now ill be looking for some slant ac brackets that just might be another option to work with , if not hey i swung the bat

NoCar340

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out a similar solution for a Holley Strip Dominator, but I'll be using a serpentine system (at least on my Imperial).

tim berry

Reaction score
No car what would be the advantage of the serpintein system i havent looked into it

NoCar340

Reaction score
I don't really know that there is one. I just happened to have some serpentine stuff lying around, and when I went compressor shopping the smallest ones I could find all had it. I also have the Denso 136A alternator w/serp pulley and a March underdrive water-pump pulley, but I probably won't be able to use the latter. I think I'm going to need the reverse-rotation type (smooth).

NoCar340

Reaction score
That might work, and it looks a lot like my compressor. My only concern is the crossover for my fuel rails, which might want to occupy the same space as the back of the compressor. I may be able to rework the rails to use a low-profile under-slung crossover though (threaded ports beneath the rails rather than in front). Mock-up on my engine's gonna be a real hoot--I have to get charge-air tubes past all that stuff, too. :eusa_doh:

tim berry

Reaction score
I just looked at the bouchillon site that bracket looks similar to what is on 87-93 small block dodge trucks the location is the same . Not shure what was used for a compressor for those applications. But it looks like it may sit too high on the engine . These are the things i do know is if you stay with the c171 compessor ( wich is what im going to do because its new ) if you move it left the temp sensor has to move right no big deal you put it into the thermostaic vaccume switch location . I think this along with modifying the ac brackets is probibly the easiest . You have 1.5 inches to work with at the bottom of the c171 compressor to the valve cover to work with .the biggest problem with all the aftermarket intakes (with some exceptions ) is they use the earlier thermostat housing wich is centerd on the intake and the heater hose return again no big deal relocate it to the right side . But the slant six brackets put the compressor on the right side of the manifold and the stock thermostat housing becomes less of a problem because the thermostat housing is moving left any way and the heater hose is already left. If this is the way to go i hope the ac hoses are long enough ! Its always something

20140715_123645.jpg

20140715_123428.jpg

20140715_123034.jpg

Back