Another FBBO crossover...

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jon from Oregon. I'm a member over at the B body board, a lurker/member at the A body board, and a lurker here too, until now.
I don't currently own an F, M, or J body, but I've got a "thing" for the M bodies that goes back to the 70s and 80s when my Dad was a copper and drove one. There were some Pontiacs and even some unmarked AMC Matadors too, but they never grabbed me like the Diplomats and later, after a promotion or two, the LeBarons.
Even though I dont own an F, M, or J body Mopar, I know a thing or two about orphan cars having owned a few 70s B bodies including a former LA County Sheriff's Dept Coronet (unmarked) and a 2-door 74 Monaco (alá Bluesmobile, minus a pair of doors. Very rare, but at least it was worthless). Current ride is a 76 Cordoba...
S5300008a.jpg

I hope the picture isn't too big. Anyways, glad to be here and I'm looking forward to learning about, conversing about, and hopefully finding that perfect LeBaron or Diplomat here.

BTW, I dig the F and J bodies too.

Attachments

• S5300008a.jpg
    S5300008a.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 380

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
Thank you.
I've seen some pretty slick cars on this board, and I'm especially watching the Hemi build-up in the restoration and build threads forum. I can't wait to see that beast finished.

Have a good weekend everybody, :toothy2:
Jonny Y.

Last edited:

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
Thanks. It's got a pretty stock 360 with a Summit 600 carb and an AirGap intake. I've got some other pictures but didn't want to get too pic-happy here, this being the FMJ and not the B body board. I guess a couple won't hurt though, then I'll stop.
Here's my dirty engine, this was after I got rid of the a/c but before the new carb (in the pic it still has the 4150. If I didn't mention it I guess no one would know) and the HEI. Now theres less crap on the firewall...
S5300003a.gif

I can't resize these from my phone so they're kinda big...
S5300006a.gif

Mr Lopar I think I've seen your 5Ave on another site. A few years ago I was working with a guy down in Phoenix on putting hydros on my 69 300. I didn't want to make it hop or dance, but I thought being able to three-wheel that 20 foot monster would be badass. Plus I like the sounds the pumps make when you hit the switches. Way cooler than bags deflating...
S5300009.jpg

I probably oughta cut it off here. Thanks for the words...
S5300016.gif

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
oh im sure you have, i get pic happy :D i dont do any hoping or dancing (though i have tried to hop it, and if i had a better pump to the front and more reinforcing done i probably would). i would love to see pics of that 300. PM them to me if you dont wanna post em (though i dont think others would mind to much as it is still a mopar board lol)

btw i noticed it looks like you cut out the front turn signals next to the headlights, those would be perfect spots for a ram-air setup to the air cleaner

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I wish I had some pics of that car. We never got it 100% sorted out and I had to sell it when I moved to OR. Somehow the pictures I had got lost or deleted or something. The 300 went to a cat in PA who just wanted the 440/727/8.75 for his Charger. The rest is prbably rusting away in a hay field now.
You're right about the turn signals: they go all the way through. I have to relocate the battery to make way for the "ram-air" setup. As of now they've still got signals in 'em by way of some LEDs. They're pretty bright and make cool shadows thru the grills...
S5300018a.gif

Since this picture was taken I blacked-out the mounting tabs so it looks alot better now.
Copy2ofcordoba032.jpg

Back