Auto Rust Iso Clamps Fitment

Reaction score
Not trying to start off the "to delete or not to delete" the leaf spring iso clamp debate, but has anyone had any recent experience with Safe T Cap's iso clamps? I purchased a set about 4 years ago for one of my Fifths which were installed by a local spring shop. I decided to tackle the same job myself on my project Fifth this time around. While fitting everything together with a set of clamps I purchased last month I found the flanges on the aftermarket clamps are too short and do not line up with the u bolt holes in the spring plate. Anyone else that's purchased these clamps run into this issue? Anyone know if they're save on steel during the manufacturing process? Drilling out the spring plate would fix the fitment, just thought I'd share in case anyone else plans the same repair.

(Pictured are the Safe T Cap clamp and an original clamp I picked up from Jim)

IMG_20201119_110021288.jpg

IMG_20201119_110034897.jpg

IMG_20201119_105941463.jpg

80mirada

Reaction score
There were some issues with a lot of the items they sol for our cars. Some would get good parts others got essentially useless pieces of metal.

volare 77

Reaction score
The holes not lining up is a issue for sure. Maybe the height difference may be that they only sold the spring clamp for 4 leaf springs . The 5 leaf spring clamps were taller. I think Jim made some small shims to make up the difference as they are hard to find them used for the 5 pack leaf.

Back