Beautiful 88 Plymouth Police Car Ebay auction

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Out in Bellevue Washington, current bid is $5800, a gorgeous 88 Plymouth AHB
s-l1600 (1) (10).jpg
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/305472109431?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Looks like a nice car. A good deal with what all it comes with too. That stuff adds up fast and can take time to track down.

LSM360

Reaction score
There is a lot of equipment for sure and factory 4 bbl car is nice. The paint has tons of orange peel so I'd want to inspect carefully for filler but it looks promising. I'm not a fan of the spotlight on roof.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I wonder if it came with one or if he installed it to plug the light bar hole in the roof

8T2TOP

Reaction score
Some things don't look right, my AHB didn't have chrome by rear deck like it had a landau top?, no pic of tag,dash is apart,wheel off?it's at a body shop, it does have 4bbl,rubber floor,cop seats, so was it a solid color detectives car, dressed to look like a B/W?
Sold for 6500 which with the extras decent deal. Like stated I would have to see that in person before I pulled the trigger...

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Some things don't look right, my AHB didn't have chrome by rear deck like it had a landau top?, no pic of tag,dash is apart,wheel off?it's at a body shop, it does have 4bbl,rubber floor,cop seats, so was it a solid color detectives car, dressed to look like a B/W?
Sold for 6500 which with the extras decent deal. Like stated I would have to see that in person before I pulled the trigger...
If you look at the pictures, there are some without the trim. He might have added it on. The pics look like they're from different stages of the build.

Definitely a car to look at in person. Price was good for a real AHB

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score

Looks like progress pics to show what work has been done to it.

Some had that trim to break apart the b&w sections.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Without tag,how to prove it's real?
A regular person would just ask the seller for proof. I'm sure the buyer asked questions before bidding. I don't know why anyone would lay money down without doing their due diligence.

8T2TOP

Reaction score
Also power antenna? No oil pressure gauge (yes I know it was optional) pentastar on trunk mine didn't have it just key, don't see, push button to pop trunk... Power windows? Every one I've seen has power locks and crank windows...

Last edited:

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Was it still 4bbl in California in 88? I thought it was only the earlier years and usually standard for some reason. It wouldn't have been the HD one either way.
It looks like the normal antenna, it's a rarity to see one without the trunk lock cover, power windows as an option on them, most from the later years seemed to have it. Many didn't have the oil pressure guage, some didn't have power trunk at all. It all depends on how it was ordered.

LSM360

Reaction score
It has the proper underwood bracing and components and the engine code in the VIN is for HD4bbl. Non police were only available with 2bbl.
Mike's right. Look for extra welds on firewall where braces mount, or look for the extra welds on rear door strike posts. Eighth character in VIN of "S" is HD 4 barrel.

LSM360

Reaction score
Also power antenna? No oil pressure gauge (yes I know it was optional) pentastar on trunk mine didn't have it just key, don't see, push button to pop trunk... Power windows? Every one I've seen has power locks and crank windows...
My '89 AHB (for sure an AHB. Still had Sheriff's Dept markings, S Code VIN, extra welds etc.) has power windows and no oil pressure gauge from factory. As Mike wrote, you could really option them the way you wanted back then.

Back