Big block lower radiator hose

Ruby

Reaction score
Need some help from those that have big block swapped there M body. What lower radiator hose did you use? I'm using a water pump housing with a passenger side outlet. I've been searching around for info with no luck. thanks

Aspen500

Reaction score
Hey neighbor just to the north! Wish I could remember what hose I used, also have the passenger outlet pump housing. I'll let you know if I find what it is for. All I recall off the top of my head is it was for a small block Mopar, possibly even an F/M/J body with a couple inches trimmed off at the radiator(?).:confused:

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Using a 20" or 26" radiator (which might not matter)? Radiator from an FMJ or pickup (or aftermarket)?

I will be doing this soon, but hadn't gotten that far, yet.
BudW

Ruby

Reaction score
Hey neighbor just to the north! Wish I could remember what hose I used, also have the passenger outlet pump housing. I'll let you know if I find what it is for. All I recall off the top of my head is it was for a small block Mopar, possibly even an F/M/J body with a couple inches trimmed off at the radiator(?).:confused:

Howdy neighbor! Oh how I hate trying to remember what make and model I get certain parts from for projects. I should just write that info down, but I'm sure i would lose that! lol. Finally going to be using that 727 transmission I got from you...so yay!

Ruby

Reaction score
Using a 20" or 26" radiator (which might not matter)? Radiator from an FMJ or pickup (or aftermarket)?

I will be doing this soon, but hadn't gotten that far, yet.
BudW

For now just using the stock 26" M body radiator as it's new. Eventually will swap to truck radiator once engine upgrades are started.

So far this swap has been pretty straight forward. The lower radiator hose has been the only real hang up I've had.

Duke5A

Reaction score
For now just using the stock 26" M body radiator as it's new. Eventually will swap to truck radiator once engine upgrades are started.

So far this swap has been pretty straight forward. The lower radiator hose has been the only real hang up I've had.

If I can remember when I get home I'll look. I've got a big block with a passenger side outlet. Tag might still be on the hose.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I did have the info written in a notebook but,,,,,,,,,,,,haven't the slightest idea of what happened to it.

Refresh my memory, the trans thing was quite a few years ago. Did you have a Charger? I had a small block 727 also and that is going in a guy's Aspen wagon so it's cool yours is going into an M-body!

Ruby

Reaction score
I did have the info written in a notebook but,,,,,,,,,,,,haven't the slightest idea of what happened to it.

Refresh my memory, the trans thing was quite a few years ago. Did you have a Charger? I had a small block 727 also and that is going in a guy's Aspen wagon so it's cool yours is going into an M-body!

I have a 68 Coronet that was going to get a big block swap.
001.JPG

Aspen500

Reaction score

Ruby

Reaction score

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's the hose I probably used, or maybe not. While looking at it, remembered I had to trim an inch or so off the pump housing end, otherwise it came down too low and was against the k-frame. That made the hose angle different, so it hit the fan shroud, which resulted in needing to notch the shroud for clearance. One thing leads to another.............lol.

Last edited:
Back