Brake Booster ??

gporeilly

Reaction score
Hey guys & gals,

Need your help to locate a Brake Booster for a 1978 Chrysler Newport for a friend. His vechicle has been a local garage for 5 weeks with mechanic being unable to locate a replacement brake booster.
To make things worse my friend is disabled and is totally reliant on his Newport for transportation for doctors appointments,etc. Time to put in Winter storage but unable to do so with car dead in the water at the garage. Dependent on relatives and friends during the winter months.

Thought the brake booster would be a common part and be no problem to locate but is proving very difficult. The car has 400 cu.in. and this particular motor appears to be the cause for the difficulty in finding a replacement.

Any help to locate this elusive part would be greatly appreciated.

gporeilly

Reaction score
Thanks fellow members for all the prompt responses. My buddies (owner of the ‘78 Newport) mechanic has sent his old brake booster to some where in Western Canada to be rebuilt.
If that doesn’t work out we now have lots of leads thanks to your replies.

gporeilly

Reaction score
Update—
My bud just called to advise his 78 Newport “Mona” is Home again safe & sound. Brake Booster was sent out to be rebuilt and was refurbished and received back in only 5 days. Installed and working fine now after having vechicle tied up for 3 months looking for replacement.
Thanks again for all the prompt responses and leads..... much appreciated.

Back