Can Anybody help me decode the final fender codes?

kkritsilas

Reaction score
My roof band is the same color as the body, in the parts that are colored, and I think the colour is painted on, but I only have a regular Mirada, not a CMX. What color is the rest of the car with the roof band?

I see a lot of Miradas without the band. It probably doesn't make sense on the T-Top and vinyl roof cars, I understand that, but I have seen more that one regular metal topped one without the band. Wonder if it was an option, and maybe one of the codes is for that? Maybe the M04 code?

Kostas

CMX360

Reaction score
My t-top car has the band. The car's white with a black band, gray ten spokes, red stripes, and white & red leather interior. White cars could not be had with color keyed bands (or wheels) so maybe the black had to be specified. Don't know. Chryslers idea of a joke maybe?

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The band on my Mirada is mostly chrome, with the paint being at the base of the ridges. it goes up about 1/4-1/3 of the way up the ridges. My assumption is that it is the same color as the body, as it has the same sort of blue to it, but even so the paint on the body and the band is quite sun damaged. I don't think it was black at any point. I think the black band on a white car makes a lot more sense than a white painted band; white on chrome would probably not look too good, and pretty much disappear between the white color of the car body and the chrome of the band. The black would stand out much more clearly. Probably why Chrysler didn't allow color keyed bands on white cars.

The ten spokes that my car has are also grey. Seems like there is a quite a variation on the grey, I have seen some that are quite dark, some are very light. Mine are on the lighter side. Have thought about polishing out the wheels, and painting the current gray parts body color (SC9-Nightwatch Blue), or even black, but haven't done anything yet; its really just a thought.

I find it odd that the fender tag codes don't specify the wheels. There were a number of variations, steel with a couple of different wheel covers, and the 10 spokes with either grey or body color on the spokes.

Kostas

dodger roger

Reaction score
if the c is on the third row of the fender tag in 14th position the c is for canadian order 26 ? radiator ? boo brakes 10 in finned drums vin code your fifth letter (x) should be a(j) for mirada or cordoba the r built at windsor ontario

54FARGO

Reaction score
C
While these codes are from my 80 Mirada, they might give you an association compared to your similar 82 codes:

XH22 - Dodge Mirada 2 Door Specialty HT
E9C8 - 60/40 Bench - C.A.R.-Passenger Reclining
R37 - Radio - AM/FM Stereo w/ 8-track tape
A75 - Mirada CMX Pkg (includes my 10 spoke wheels

54FARGO

Reaction score
Could you tell me what the following codes for my ,80 Mirada would be (or where to find them)
E46
A56
V3E
G03
G52
G63
S14

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The Fender Codes were mainly meant for the people building the body (ie: before the body received paint).
Example: the code “26” is for a 28” radiator. If it had a code for a small radiator (these cars came with either a 20” or a 28” wide radiator) then both sides of the core support would need to be different.

The (paper) Broadcast Sheet would outline ALL of the options on the car, including Wheel Paint (if applicable).

About 20 different broadcast Sheets would be printed (one for each department) and generally tossed after each department is done.
Before ’73 or so, it was very common to find up to eight different Broadcast Sheets in different locations on the car.
After ’75, or so, not so much - because the paper sheets was considered to be a possible fire hazard (so I’m told).

I have looked and I would say a person might find 1 (one) paper Broadcast Sheet per every 25 FMJ cars made vs. ~8 for each car made a few years earlier.

On a different note: I have seen at least seven different color paints used on the 10-spoke aluminum wheels. The new wheels (dealer add-ons or over-the-counter replacement wheels - all had silver paint on them). My guess is one model year (or more – or less) of 10-spoke wheel production had body color coded wheels.
BudW

Miradaman

Reaction score
I found a couple websites to help you decide your fender tag. Mymopar.com and mopardealer.com . They have numbers up to the '80's

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
Could you tell me what the following codes for my ,80 Mirada would be (or where to find them)
E46
A56
V3E
G03
G52
G63
S14

If u are still wondering 54Fargo:
E46 - 318 8 CYL 4 bbl (not seen very often)
A56 - Open Road Handling Package
V3E - Vinyl Roof Code...mine has a 1/4 Vinyl Top behind the roof molding to the back window and my code is V3C. The E is either a full vinyl top or a delete just guessing.
O(or O)97 - ??
G03 - Class II Elect Heated Backlite - Tinted
G52 - LT O/S Mir R Chrm Conv
G63 - RT O/S Mir R Chrm Conv
S14 - Firm Feel Susp System

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The 3-digit fender codes, there were not any that started with “O” or “Q”.
One I found that might be close is:
C97 Trunk Carpet dress up

The Fender Codes are sorta in alphanumeric order from Left to Right, from second from bottom line going upwards (which is a bit weird).
There is at least one assembly plant that uses a 3-digit numerical code on top line - that I have yet to decode.
BudW

Back