Caution Warning

slant6billy

Reaction score
OK, we are all on the hunt for "that ultimate car" , the rare find, the back yard mopar, barn Barracuda, or deserted Dodge.

Be careful- there are worse things out there other than internet bullies and trolls.
Here, a couple was simply going after that find:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...-buying-couple-disappear/ar-AA8BuIw?ocid=iehp

Where they may have gone wrong:

1.) Far unfamiliar drive
2.) They placed the "Looking for a car ad" with their contact info
3.) Suspected seller used a throw away phone/ burner phone

My advice:

Meet at the sellers local Police station if things seem too good.

Go with a budy, not your girlfriend or wife. A budy that is sharp to things going bad.

Don't be a victim.

I've had buyers show up at all hours. Young dudes, old folks, you name it. A 17 year old girl showed up and bought jeep parts for her boyfriend from me with her little sister in the car. DUMB DUMB DUMB! Never never never. I even told her so.

For the young folks go with a parent or someone who can be some help. Never wrench under a car alone- I've done that stupid move and had a car come down on me. I've never been ripped off in a craigs sale.

Just stay smart and play it safe. Daytime, public place. If it sounds too good, then it probably is.

greymouser7

Reaction score
I have done this - went to the pecan park flea market north of jax with a fist full of twenties, luckily I met in a public place, I usually bring another man with me, but that does nothing against guns.

It sure would be exciting with me and Rich and long tools against some thugs! Either them or us, both parties would have a 'not much too lose attitude'. It would have been an epic battle worthy of the dark ages. The fact of the matter is that now we are parents, so we have to think of others first.

I have honestly been to quite a few junk yards, craigslist meet ups and night time gas station stops where something very bad could have happened to me-where angels fear to tread because every person walking by your tools or your body look mean, capable, hungry, and poor enough to be challenged by morals. Dressing and driving poor as if I have NO MONEY is one thing that has helped my dumb assets. That and sweet baby Jesus (& Mopar Jesus!)

greymouser7

Reaction score
I have a cell on me, let someone know where I am going, how long I plan on staying, with updates, dress poorly, drive poorly, and keep my eyes open and alert.-bare minimum a dog would be a good alarm and deterrent as well

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Just last year this poor guy got killed taking two dirtbags for a test drive in his truck he was selling.

. http://globalnews.ca/news/560553/tim-bosma-a-timeline-of-the-police-investigation/

I don't know if anyone to this day knows the motive but the bottom line is all this guy was doing was selling his truck....now he's dead.

The world is full of vermin....I don't take chances.
I've met people at their place and a couple of times I've gotten the willies......spidey sense.....but the angels let me walk.

Now.....It's either a meeting at a busy lot or some buddies are coming with me. And NOBODY comes to my place.
Neutral ground.....the world has changed.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Junkies and psychos. Thrill killers. There are some real bad characters out there. I sold some cragars to some young A body kids. Now They were nothing a wet paper bag could not contain, but I could have been pushing up weeds if they came with weapons. Vice versa, they could have gone missing. Anything can happen. I think from now on I do Police station transactions during office hours or have the PD hang out for some donuts & coffee while the deal goes down

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
no way you mayple syrup slurpin', sweetheart Canadians have that much venom in your blood, you're all a bunch a sweethearts!

you'd whoop'em and call the mounties

The sentiment is appreciated....and yes.....there's some good folks up here but unfortunately they're getting further apart.
A lot of importing up here and it ain't all good. We've got the same problems you guys have.....especially in the major cities. It's a fact of life you can't escape.

If I was packing a piece like the illegal guys.....hey game on.
But us law biding folks aren't allowed to be on par with the shitheads so you gotta be cool.

I've got an old railroad spike beside my seat that'll split your head.......but it don't stand up against a braindead retard with a gun.

You gotta be careful these days......fact of life.

Back