clean 5th today

slant6billy

Reaction score
I've been stalking this 5th from the older couple for years. It is a 50 K mile survivor. Original paint original tires.
100_3633.jpg
100_3634.jpg
100_3635.jpg
100_3636.jpg
100_3624.jpg

Owner's only complaint is the amp gauge doesn't seem to work.......... I told the owner it never did on any of them

100_3633.jpg

100_3634.jpg

100_3635.jpg

100_3636.jpg

100_3624.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
He probably assumes since it's always pointed to the center that it's not working. If only they'd have put voltmeters in cars back then..............Gives way more useful information than a charge/discharge meter.

Anyways, nice car!

slant6billy

Reaction score
He probably assumes since it's always pointed to the center that it's not working. If only they'd have put voltmeters in cars back then..............Gives way more useful information than a charge/discharge meter.

Anyways, nice car!

I told him some folks have cut the amp meter out and put a switched Volt meter (sun makes one that fits in the amp meter spot)

Aspen500

Reaction score
There's also instrument cluster outfits that can convert the ammeter to a voltmeter and keep it looking 100% "stock". Good idea on older Mopar's without the shunt because all the vehicle power runs through the ammeter and there have been fires caused when the connections get high resistance and overheat. Bad things..................

I can't get over how mint the dash and cluster are in that car. Dang!

slant6billy

Reaction score
There's also instrument cluster outfits that can convert the ammeter to a voltmeter and keep it looking 100% "stock". Good idea on older Mopar's without the shunt because all the vehicle power runs through the ammeter and there have been fires caused when the connections get high resistance and overheat. Bad things..................

I can't get over how mint the dash and cluster are in that car. Dang!

the seats too.... like show room condition and yes they are ORIGINAL

Aspen500

Reaction score
Not an interesting car but, there's a classic nice little old lady that brings her car in for service where I work a couple times a year. It's a 1990 Dynasty and you'd swear it was a brand new car. Body and paint, mint. Interior, mint. Even the engine compartment and under side are in darn nice shape with nothing more than some surface rust here and there. Last time it was in the odometer read something like 35,000 roughly. She's drives it year round but says she doesn't like driving in the snow and slush (or rain)so she only drives when the roads are dry. Otherwise she gets a ride from someone. Actually there's a couple like that. The other little old lady has a mid '90's Buick and it's also as close to perfect as there is.

Rambling on and on (lol). Way back in 1985 I worked at a Chevy dealer and another one of those sweet little old ladies decided to buy one more brand new car before she died (think she was 90 years old). Traded in the '67 Impala 327 that she and her late husband bought new. It had 17,000 miles and looked like it had never been sat in or even driven. The car literally looked brand new off the showroom floor. Before going on the lot it need nothing, not even cleaned or detailed. Being a 2 door, it sat on the lot (actually it was in the showroom) for exactly 2 hours before it was sold.

Heh-heh, cool lady. She told me the salesman tried to sell her an extended lifetime warranty. She said "I'm 90 years old, what do I need an extended warranty for?" She was awesome!

Now, where's that little old lady Aspen R/T?

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I dream of finding cars like that.
Closest so far is the Volare 2 door.
Paint is toast but the interior is still pretty good.
I'll have to go through the wagon when I pick it up.
Both are one owner cars but not minty fresh like the ones you're talking about.

slant6billy

Reaction score
The sad thing is these cars are great finds, but it is like the first owner never got to fully enjoy em. Not to sound mean, but the next guy who owns any of my stuff can go pound sand when I dead and gone. I didn't buy, build, and drive like I worried about the next guy. Too much other stuff to worry about. So I apologize to the next guy, the wasted rubber on the back was entirely my fault. everything else - tough boogers!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The sad thing is these cars are great finds, but it is like the first owner never got to fully enjoy em. Not to sound mean, but the next guy who owns any of my stuff can go pound sand when I dead and gone. I didn't buy, build, and drive like I worried about the next guy. Too much other stuff to worry about. So I apologize to the next guy, the wasted rubber on the back was entirely my fault. everything else - tough boogers!

I used to baby mine.
Not anymore.
I drive them like I stole them now.
That's what they were built for.

Back