Connecting Rod Question

82Cordoba

Reaction score
Does anyone out there make a 6.00 inch Mopar rod? Or at least one with a Mopar sized little end?

82Cordoba

Reaction score
I considered that but didn't know how much it would alter the strength or anything else it would mess up if anything. Yes my crank has stock Mopar journals but I could have them ground to fit Chevy rods. Anyone have an opinion on opening up the chevy rod for the Mopar pin?

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Im running a K1 crank with 2.1 chevy rod journals, K1 6.125 rods with chevy .927 pin and off the shelf forged Diamond pistons for a 383 chevy engine. The 6.125 (instead of 6.123) rods gave me a zero deck height and worked perfectly with the pistons compression height. Diamond Pistons charged $4.00 extra per piston to relocate the valve reliefs. My 360 is stroked to 387ci with this combo.

What are you trying to do?

82Cordoba

Reaction score
Well I'll explain my predicament. I hope I don't start any flame wars or anything. I am just kind of playing around with a build. Im starting with a 318 block bored .030 over. I recently got a 360 crank cut to 318/340 mains for real cheap. I already have a brand new set of KB167s. If I could find some 6.00 inch rods then I will have a perfect zero deck with a deck heigth of 9.6. I know there is a cast piston that I could use with the stock rods to get the right height, but that's $300 bucks from Summit for a cast piston. Yes I know there are alot of people that will say just get a 360 and build it but I already have all the other parts to throw this motor together. I just need to find either rods or good pistons without spending a ton of money

MRL Performance

Reaction score
If you get a SBC rod with or without a bushing, the small end can be resized to the .984 SBM size without any issues. You can run the pins press fit or floater. I have done it many times in our circle track engines to get some super light piston combos.

You will have to have the big end narrowed about .025" as they are wider than the SBM and will not fit on the rod journal(no side clearance). Other than that, your golden on this build.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
82Cordoba.......No flames on this site.... Only help.... U make it work, thats what hot rodding is all about.

Many thanks to MRL performance for great tech advice.

82Cordoba

Reaction score
Thanks alot everyone. This just made my night. Now to go pick out some good rods...

Back