Cruise Night June 13, 2015 Vineland NewJersey

slant6billy

Reaction score
http://www.sjr-scca.org/component/rseventspro/print/74-cruise-down-memory-lane

Even though it states 1975 and older, that is just to keep the tuner crowd out.I'm bringing the Volare (Eve) and my budy is cruising my SS/T Ram. He's a Ford guy, but his stang ain't registered. It is over a mile of cars and when the sun goes down it is a very cool cruise. It boast to be the largest cruise in the tri state area.

Video and pics will be shot

slant6billy

Reaction score
SUNP0196.jpg
SUNP0199.jpg
SUNP0201.jpg
SUNP0206.jpg
SUNP0203.jpg
SUNP0218.jpg

Video is processing and my budy has the view from the curb on the cruiseby. He is sending it to me from his phone. The Volare' was really not having a good night. Over temp issues, hood latch would not release, tune was way off, and I just could not get away from, " Hey look, it's Ted Nugent in that Volare'" The only thing he and I might have in common an addiction to women.

SUNP0196.jpg

SUNP0199.jpg

SUNP0201.jpg

SUNP0206.jpg

SUNP0203.jpg

SUNP0218.jpg

DCAspen

Reaction score
From Slant Six Billy to the Motor City Madman,You should be happy that a young kid knows who Ted Nugent is.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I was diggin the photo ops with folks. Some spoke Spanish (mine's rusty, so it sounded like, "Kay pasa, Caitlin Jenner Si/ No?"

From Ted to Caitlin? I was pissin myself with laughter

Aspen500

Reaction score
Not to ignore the cars but,,,,,,,that's a cool looking building in the background in the 1st pic. What is it?

There's an annual show here that held to it's "1972 or older only" rule until the participation got less and less. For better or worse, they got rid of the year restrictions and the number of cars more than tripled. Around here (fortunately) the tuner crowd tend to stick to themselves with their own events so it's not a problem. I've no interest in those types of cars (tuners, ricers) but, at least those guys (and girls) are into cars instead of dealing drugs, being in a gang, sitting on their dead ass playing video games, etc.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Not to ignore the cars but,,,,,,,that's a cool looking building in the background in the 1st pic. What is it?

There's an annual show here that held to it's "1972 or older only" rule until the participation got less and less. For better or worse, they got rid of the year restrictions and the number of cars more than tripled. Around here (fortunately) the tuner crowd tend to stick to themselves with their own events so it's not a problem. I've no interest in those types of cars (tuners, ricers) but, at least those guys (and girls) are into cars instead of dealing drugs, being in a gang, sitting on their dead ass playing video games, etc.

That is the old Vineland Theater / Landis Theater. Hosting the Word of the Lord on Sundays. Vineland is a old town with a main street ( Landis Ave) that perpendicularly crosses Freight train tracks. There is a coal fired Power plant. It is diverse Americana as it comes. Farmland meets mini metropolis. All walks of life. Lots of old architecture. Plus, there was Open container (Alcohol) pretty freely walking around. You'll see in the video about to get posted how friendly the police are and just how big this gets. Food vendors, portapottys, balloons, rockwall climbing, waterice, cotton candy, games and the kitchen sink. Between this cruise and the Glassboro shown on the Friday of Labor Day, they really go over the top. Glassboro is another old town going big. Rowan University (Former Glassboro State College) is pumping up the community, while keeping the Railroad town feel. These Railroad towns make for good backdrop for any carshow.

Aspen500

Reaction score
If my DSL stops acting up, got to watch the video's! Won't load just now.

I love art deco, mid-century modern building styles, Frank Lloyd Wright style, etc. Makes the newer stuff look generic, bland and plain IMO.

Back