death of chrysler? lets see some cool car pics

Gator

Reaction score
image.jpg

old yellow 78

Reaction score
IMO, this was the last of the truly beautiful Chryslers. The 1993 Chrysler LHS. The absolutely beautiful rear roof line curve, the subtle, understated trim, very cool "duel" exhaust ports, stunning waterfall grille, fantastic dash gauges, very unusual "cab-forward" design. I was so impressed with this beautiful car, that when if first came out, that I rented one in white with silver trim exterior, and light gray leather interior for a week. I drove it almost constantly, and it really got the looks from people because it was still so new and strikingly different. I would still love to find a mint example of one, but they are pretty much gone now.
1G-LHS-side.jpg

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I always thought the LHS was a beautiful car too. The New Yorker of that era was almost the same car and equally gorgeous, imo.
The fwd layout was a bit of a turn-off for me

80mirada

Reaction score
The LH cars were pretty damn good cars. I had an Intrepid of both generations, they were strong, great handling cars with good power.

Aspen500

Reaction score
A pic of the only Chrysler I've ever owned, a 1978 Cordoba, 360 4brl, cruise, air, am/fm stereo,,,,,,,,,,I loved that car! Owned it from 1988 to 1995. Had over 260,000 miles on it when the Wisconsin damage (i.e. salt) got too big for any reasonable repair (at the time). The body wasn't really that bad but the spring shackles had come through the trunk floor previously and I repaired that. When the front spring hanger pushed the rear seat cushion up,,,,,,,,,,,,it was time to let it go. If it was now, I'd fix it however. Interior was still literally mint when it went to the scrap yard.

I know, really crappy pics
DSCF0002.JPG
but that was long before digital cameras and it's a digital photo of a print photo. I need to get me a photo scanner..........
DSCF0004.JPG

Back