FOR SALE Die-cast collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Ricketts

Reaction score
Contact seller
I want to sell my die-cast collection. 1/24th NHRA cars, bikes, etc[lots autographed]...1/18 mopar dragcars, lots of vintage 1/18th F1, and various rare and nice pieces. I'd like to sell it all, with showcases. LOTS of $$$$$$ invested.

Looking for trade, [cash offers]. All the boxes are bagged and attic stored. Some unopened stuff laying around, too.

Mike

PM me.

50o4u1.jpg

v2u4hc.jpg

25aj286.jpg

Darth-Car

Reaction score
What a beautiful collection. I have seen two other similar collections to yours. I worked with a professional auction group for several years, and these would come into our possession. We would always cringe, because we knew the investment was high, and the owner really cherished their collection, but we always had to tell them the same thing, the collectible market died with the rise of E-Bay, and the recession of 2008. These collections go for pennies. $50-$400 for the entire collection, if you are lucky. Back in the 70's people collected beer cans, convinced they would be valuable. They were, for scrap metal price.:)

Sorry to be the giver of bad tidings, but I just do not want to see you get your hopes up. If you love it at all, keep it.

Mike Ricketts

Reaction score
What a beautiful collection. I have seen two other similar collections to yours. I worked with a professional auction group for several years, and these would come into our possession. We would always cringe, because we knew the investment was high, and the owner really cherished their collection, but we always had to tell them the same thing, the collectible market died with the rise of E-Bay, and the recession of 2008. These collections go for pennies. $50-$400 for the entire collection, if you are lucky. Back in the 70's people collected beer cans, convinced they would be valuable. They were, for scrap metal price.:)

Sorry to be the giver of bad tidings, but I just do not want to see you get your hopes up. If you love it at all, keep it.

Gee, thanks for not letting my feelings get hurt. That's funny. I've had offers for over 600 bucks today for 3 cars, but I won't dig for the boxes and ship one piece at a time. I also have no attachment to any "thing" in my life.
A guy I talked with today, has 10K various pieces displayed in his basement, and he's still buying stuff. I need the room, and if nobody wants them.....into the garbage.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Collections are what you put into them. If you have a bunch of standard, off-the-shelf stuff then yes, you've probably got more into it than it's worth. On the other hand, and I think this is the case here, if you have something very special it's a different story altogether. An Ertl Sox & Martin 'Cuda might not be worth more than the original Wal-Mart price, but if it's autographed by Ronnie, Buddy, and Jake King? Bring lots and lots of Franklins.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Gee, thanks for not letting my feelings get hurt. That's funny. I've had offers for over 600 bucks today for 3 cars, but I won't dig for the boxes and ship one piece at a time. I also have no attachment to any "thing" in my life.
A guy I talked with today, has 10K various pieces displayed in his basement, and he's still buying stuff. I need the room, and if nobody wants them.....into the garbage.

In the somewhat impossible case that you don't sell them and are going to chuck them give me a ring. I'll bring a truck.

That's a hell of a collection of incredibly cool pieces. Definitely not the sprawlmart variety.

JeffB#2

Reaction score
Probably the only way to recoup a decent amount will be singles or small lots unfortunately. You might latch onto a big spender somewhere, that would be ideal and let them scoop it all up. There's still a LOT of value and good stuff there that will bring some cash. I have a couple hundred 1:18 as well and have been selling it off a little at a time. Some is still worth more than original pricing for sure. 1:18 goes up and down in a regular cycle. Don't buy for the investment because it probably won't appreciate it, buy for what you like and appreciate what you collect.

$400 for the entire lot Darth? Nice sarcasm. The S&M cars still bring decent money. That's just one small example. Some of the GMP cars bring great money still. Hard to see what's there in the pictures but there's a lot of money sitting there. It's a lot more work to sell singles but it will bring more cash back.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Maybe let someone else do it for you for a piece of the pie? Selling a collection that big in one shot seems pretty unlikely. But you could definitely make some profit with individual sales. Or even small groups of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back