Do They Have Feelings?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Do our cars have feelings?
I'm not talking about new cars...they're more akin to The Borg on Star Trek....I'm talking about our old carbureted non soundproof cars as opposed to what they now call (and I hate the term) vehicles.

So....do they have feelings?
Here's a funny story.....when I got my Fifth I bought it from a guy who told me he wanted to sell it because he hated it.
The radio would kack in and out, it bogged like crazy and just wasn't a very happy car. I did a tune up, shocks, tires and brakes and started to use it as my daily. Same issues....radio, bog, but not as bad and getting better daily. The whole time I was driving it I'd talk to it saying that I couldn't believe this idiot could hate you.

My wife and I would and still do take it up north to my trailer almost every weekend. She fell I'm love with the car almost as much as me. She thinks it's beautiful and a glorious ride on the highway. She actually pats the dash. I kid you not.....over time this thing handled better, the bog stopped and the radio worked flawlessly.......okay okay I know....you're thinking it's because it was getting driven regularly....BUT....the guy I bought it from drove it daily....and he hated it and it returned the favor.

I know they're just steel....but I swear this thing likes me.
And I can attest without hesitation that this thing has both gotten me home safely when odds were against it in chaotic traffic situations and all out saved my ass in others by way of close calls that a supposedly sloppy old Chrysler shouldn't be able to do.

Feelings?....you tell me. :icon_mrgreen:

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
Look buddy you are right on the money...I am a firm believer in our ability to manifest our own reality...that man focused on the negative and his car followed suit...you LOVED it and were positive and the car over time became what you KNEW it was...I also would talk to my Cuda. I would tell it "You are such a good car" when I hit a bad pot hole I would apologize to is...lol some people would never understand but they almost do have feelings. I say yes..how would you feel if you were dogged every day eventually you would get Stockholm syndrome and start believing that you are a POS. on the flip side if you were told you are so awesome everyday you would feel like a MOPAR...

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one.... :icon_pidu:
And although I have become an Indy style pothole avoider
If I do hit one I apologize too. ;)

Monkeyed

Reaction score
I tell ya something, that fifth I have is the best damn car I've ever owned. It doesn't hurt any that a mopar mechanic owned it, but when he passed and the son took possession, it went downhill fast. Feels like it's relieved to get that tlc again. gets better all the time! such a switch dealing with neglect versus the outright abuse, or even just plain ignorant ownership and incompetant maintanance most old cars have seen! :icon_pai:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Well I will keep it simple so you guys don't laugh are think I am crazy. I once called one of my cars a bad word and boom wouldn't you know it slung a rod threw the valve cover. Not funny but very true. Now I don't say anything Lol.

Back