Drag Radial vs Pro Trac N50

slant6billy

Reaction score
So I'm on the hunt for tires for my Volare'. The other night's boo boo is surely the reason. The Speedometer is dialed in and I like where it is at. The N50s , well they were good and compound hard so they needed to warm up to be useful. Looked at some Hoosiers that were needing tubes, but were 325 50s. So like a 1/2 inch less in Diameter and an inch wider. The Hoosiers are not radials, so I think I will pass on those. So I just got interested in some M&H drag radials. They too are 325 50s. So anyone have good bad indifferent feelings on tires I mentioned. I think someone may have stated that Mickey Thomsons were not hooking well so I my pass on a cheap set of those.

Again, I'm going with the Drag Radials and will hopefully have them tomorrow and mounted the same.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Ive had good results with the MT Drag Radial.
Ive had great results with the GoodYear Drag Radial.
I would not recommend the BFGoodRich Drag tires....

Try different PSI and burnouts, too long of a burnout will have negtive effects.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Sat May 30 is the Mopar event at MapleGrove RaceWay in Pa.

I think I have a set of BFG Drag T/A 275/60 (28"by 9")
And a set of GoodYear Drag Radials (30"by 9 or 10")

They are mounted on Mirada 10 spoke rims.

If u want to borrow them at the Atco track rental Friday May 1st and return them to me at the MapleGrove event, let me know.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Sat May 30 is the Mopar event at MapleGrove RaceWay in Pa.

I think I have a set of BFG Drag T/A 275/60 (28"by 9")
And a set of GoodYear Drag Radials (30"by 9 or 10")

They are mounted on Mirada 10 spoke rims.

If u want to borrow them at the Atco track rental Friday May 1st and return them to me at the MapleGrove event, let me know.

Thank's, I'll may have to take you up on that. The Drag radials I'm grabbing are with a few passes on them but for 150 bucks, I'll be testing them too. For sheets and giggles< too soft, hard, low pressure- I really think the car has to find the tire and it may take a few attempts. I may need to actually let a seasoned right foot put my car through the test and witness it from the outside. I bet I get a whole bunch of help on that.

Back