efi to carb dash functions

mopops

Reaction score
81 imperial iam removing the efi n going to carb and would like to cleanup motor wires and keep basic info on dash -oil, temp, charge an speedometer do i need the air cleaner computer for that ,or is that just for the emissions n efi? i have no smog tests to pass ,just a basic safety insp tks

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Check a wiring diagram or you could try unplugging the computer and grounding the temp and proper oil Guage wire quickly to see if the Guage or lights do anything.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Watch it and see if it does anything.
I thought the factory conversion kit was supposed to include new cluster so maybe that's why. That it is dependent on the computer. The conversion info someone linked to before should give a good idea of what needs to be done.

1982 IMP

Reaction score
I did mine four years ago,no computer.My speedo and all my warning lights work properly.If I remember correctly the sender connectors aren't part of the fuel injection harness.I put an Edelbrock 4bbl intake and a Holley carb on mine.

mopops

Reaction score
I did mine four years ago,no computer.My speedo and all my warning lights work properly.If I remember correctly the sender connectors aren't part of the fuel injection harness.I put an Edelbrock 4bbl intake and a Holley carb on
I did mine four years ago,no computer.My speedo and all my warning lights work properly.If I remember correctly the sender connectors aren't part of the fuel injection harness.I put an Edelbrock 4bbl intake and a Holley carb on mine.
great, what did you do for fuel pump? regulate in tank pump,or ? hope i can pick your brain as i move along with this tks

1982 IMP

Reaction score
I put a mechanical pump on mine.I bought a brand new tank for a Cordoba.My Imperial tank had been sitting for 13 years full of gas.
I used a Cordoba fuel pick up and modified the Imperial level sender to fit on it.The Cordoba sender doesn't read accurately with the Imperial guage.If your car runs then you could put a fuel regulator on it and use the Imperial pump

mopops

Reaction score
I put a mechanical pump on mine.I bought a brand new tank for a Cordoba.My Imperial tank had been sitting for 13 years full of gas.
I used a Cordoba fuel pick up and modified the Imperial level sender to fit on it.The Cordoba sender doesn't read accurately with the Imperial guage.If your car runs then you could put a fuel regulator on it and use the Imperial pump
my car runs n has issues with the efi iam undecided about a fuel regulator , but that would be easier then dealing with the tank tks

Back