Electric to Manual Windows??

David Clark

Reaction score
Thanks. That would be appreciated. I don't really care much for electric windows because they always seem to fail in the Down Position 5 minutes before a rain or snowstorm LOL.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Your problem could easily be a weak motor or this.

How To Rebuild Power Window Motor Clutch Assemblies

Here's the layout. You'd have to get a donor crank and put it in. It's possible that Chrysler put the crank assembly so it would just bolt onto the existing regulator holes but I don't know.

20160330_205406-1.jpg

David Clark

Reaction score
Well, I am hoping it's setup like it is on my Ramchargers, One has electric windows, one does not but the mounting holes for the hand crank are still there for the one with the electric windows.

This is more just a curiosity thing right now as that 87 Fifth Avenue that my wife picked up for me has power windows and I really don't like Power windows. And both Back Windows are Stuck in the Down Position. If that 87 is worth Fixing up (so that's two Headers I will need eventually LOL) then I plan to get rid of the electric Windows if possible.

Thanks for the Pic Capt.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
It is far easier to install manual windows in place of electric ones, than vice versa.

One would need the window regulators and handles.
There are cardboard cutouts on backside of door panels (not popped out, yet).
I would tape up the wiring connector(s) and you could leave the switches in place.

I would find someone who has a police car they are parting out, sense almost all police cars come with manual windows. All 4 window regulators are different. One might also see if door panels and/or window switch panels are also available (maybe).

Most power windows - you might be able to fix for less than what you can find manual window parts for.

BudW

David Clark

Reaction score
It is far easier to install manual windows in place of electric ones, than vice versa.

One would need the window regulators and handles.
There are cardboard cutouts on backside of door panels (not popped out, yet).
I would tape up the wiring connector(s) and you could leave the switches in place.

I would find someone who has a police car they are parting out, sense almost all police cars come with manual windows. All 4 window regulators are different. One might also see if door panels and/or window switch panels are also available (maybe).

Most power windows - you might be able to fix for less than what you can find manual window parts for.

BudW

Thanks for the Info. Yeah Parts are getting higher and higher priced every month it seems.

4speedjim

Reaction score
Might be better off buying whole doors. Who cares how rotted and dented they are. The worse the look the cheaper they should be.

Back