Ever have one of those days?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Some days you just want to scream. Yeterday had nothing but trouble with my DSL, the satellite TV kept cutting out and then lost the signal totally, went to go to the bank in the morning and found I had a flat tire on the truck. Then later I did some laundry and discovered the washer leaks when it drains the tub and when I decided to take the car out for a little mental therapy last evening, turned the key and CLICK CLICK . Starter puked out (fairly new stock replacement mini starter). AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHH!

Got the DSL working again, fixed the nail hole in the truck tire (about time I put the summer tires on anyways) and have a high torque starter coming from Summit. Assume it's the drain tube inside the washer leaking (1960's Maytag, was bound to fail sooner or later I guess) and Dish is still inop. Maybe it can wait. Probably get a lot more stuff done around here with out it, lol! Then again, if it was gone all together there'd be an extra $100 a month for other stuff too..........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hoping today works out a little better than yesterday did! My luck lately, the severe t-storms predicted for later today will tear the roof off my house or hail will break the windows. Dang,,,,,,,,,I'm doomed............:help:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Yep, but more like a few in a row. Leaks: My hot water into my clothes washer has a weep at the wall, so the wall is mushy. Pool has been opened for 2 weeks now and the leaks are multiplying. Blew a hose, cracked strainer lid, filter valve weeps. Had my solar cover on since last Sunday and it was a positive- Allowed me to fix some leaks, kepted the pollen and junk out, and heated the pool to 81°F when I pulled it off yesterday. My wife has been blindly throwing things away: Like stuff I wanted or needed. So my fathers day coupons for auto parts in the trash, mandolin slicer in the trash, and God knows what the hell else the woman has thrown away. In the past, she had thrown cash in the trash to the tune of 800 bucks for my cement guy. I found that after several searches through the trash barrels. Nothing is safe nor sacred. I tried to buy discount passes for the church carnival next week- a 5 dollar savings for each of my kids and NOPE! A couple of fun conversations with priest though........ Priest must know I am some kind of A-hole... must be my mullet. I am going to wheel out the car today between storms and show off the new exhaust tips. I pulled off the quad tips- just not milkin the utter for me. I post on a new thread

slant6billy

Reaction score
Roadrunninmark has threatened to raid my trash when I seem to be missing cash. at least when he lived in Jersey.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Forgot to mention the 3 trees in my backyard that have had all the bark clawed off about 4-5 feet up and are doomed. Saw that yesterday also, while mowing the lawn. Not sure what it is, have heard something that sounds like a cat, a really BIG cat, at night once in while. Thinking mountain lion (or is that bobcat?). It has to be although, no idea why it would be roaming around among the houses............ Sound like Spike on Looney Tunes "bbbbbbbig, bbbbbig, ccccccat" Where's Chester when you need him. He'll take care of that cat for hurting his friend Spike. lol

Back