F body Front chin spoiler non-supercoupe question

slant6billy

Reaction score
Hey friends.
I got that repro front spoiler from ebay last year. This is the non supercoupe one, since you need the supercoupe wheel flare to make it work- which I don't have. I notice F body cars with the front spoiler not installed, and wonder if it is prone to damage going in and out of drive ways. How should I set the front suspension? I guess I'm asking guys who have this like Bremereric. Could you take a measurement or a few of how high off the ground / how much clearance you have from the bottom of your front spoiler? Or a measurement of the center of the wheelarch to the ground of one of your front wheels- since none of us run the same tire and wheel combo. I didn't really want to jack the front end to high up. My other fear is I will not be able use it. My SS/T ram lost front spoiler privileges when I lowered it a foot and it could not get out of the driveway.

thanks

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
With my 245/60/15 tires on 15" rims and my ride height in the front. My spoiler is 8" off the ground. Plenty of clearance for me.

78doubleR

Reaction score
non supercoupe front spoilers are found on aspen r/t and plymouth roadrunner superpak cars only. supercoupes are their own beast and the flares, wheels and spoiler are all unique to the supercoupe. They dont need supercoupe fender flares, they need the fender pods (see photo) if you car is lowered it is definately gunna get beat up if not broken. they have some give but not much. my dads car (in picture) is quite low hense why the front spoiler was never put back on. My dad's car is a true superpak car with m55 t-tops.
img050.jpg

P7240003.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Clearance was an issue with my frame and exhaust at first too. I put some real thinking to certain streets and intersections (like when I rode cycles). My other issue is going to be wheel lift in the front. What goes up, comes down hard and heavy. With my shift kit and 4:11 rear,first gear pulls the front up. I guess some test clay would be in order to see how much deflection / compression goes on when the wheels come back down. I'll be back working the math. Especially after the Clutchflite gets put in.

Back