FOR SALE F body wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Contact seller
So I put 15" wheels on my F body and have the original rims with tires ready to go (14") .. since I really don't know what they go for, or what they're worth .. I'll just say best offer .. I have all 4 .. I figure anybody here would put them to good use, and I'll never be rich so be it. I'm in the Windsor, Detroit area(Canadian side) and could help in the delivery if it's near .. say an hour or 2 or more .. lol. thanks for looking .. original lug nuts too.
upload_2016-3-20_13-52-21.jpeg

upload_2016-3-20_13-53-10.jpeg

Just noticed I need to price them for the ad .. so lets say $550. or obo

Last edited:

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Those are nice looking. Do all 4 have their center caps? Surely somebody will want those!

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I am/was a Dodge master tech sense the late 70’s, at least until I got hurt and now work a desk job.
Of my time working on them, I do not recall ever seeing a set of wheels like those - except for a bigger version used on some pickups.

I like them better than what I currently have, but converting my cars to 15’s so I have to look away.

BudW

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Thanks BudW .. I did wonder if fatter tires would look ok b/c I like them too .. but the 15's just fill the wheel wells so much better and gave the car a better stance .. imo

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the necessary parts to convert two of my cars (and most for the 3rd car) - to 11-3/4" rotors and 11" drums (once I figure out what to do with the proportioning valve) - but doing so means I can’t use 14's any more.

80mirada

Reaction score
You shouldn't need a different proportioning valve. IF, you have an issue a rear line adjustable valve can be added (wilwood, Summit) but the likely hood of needing it is pretty slim

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Those are not F-body factory wheels.
That could be why I do not recall ever seeing them before.

I don’t have a 1980 parts manual to look at. Attached are copies of ‘76-79 styled wheels and I would agree - I do not see those being a wheel option for any Chrysler Corp. vehicle.

BudW

76 Styled Wheels.JPG

77 Styled Wheels.JPG

78 Styled Wheels.JPG

79 Styled Wheels.JPG

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
You're right .. I have seen them before but not on an F body .. and the ones I did see didn't have the chrome inserts on the triangles going around. The older gent I purchased the car from didn't seem like one to customize cars .. but you just never know .. maybe dealer installed? I'll go out later and see if there is anything stamped on them anywhere. Thanks for the heads up .. I just assumed they were originals.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I've seen those wheels before on a F.
I also remember getting caps for a guy with those wheels and they are Mopar caps.
Maybe a Mopar Performance dealer thing if it's not in the sales brochure.
I know I've seen a Mopar stock photo of that wheel.
--- Post updated ---
Hmmm,
1980-dodge-aspen-two-door.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back