WANTED Fifth Avenue Drivers Wiper Arm Needed ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustinSitz

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey Yall! Thanks so much for having me and for this resource!

I was driving on the interstate during a deluge and my wiper arm just slung itself off into oblivion.

My local wreckers, even the Chrysler-specific one, can’t help, and there are no M-Bodies in the local pull-a-part!

Does anyone in or near Alabama have a line on any parts cars— maybe someone willing to ship the wiper arm and attendant bushings/fasteners to me?

Please let me know— this is my only car right now and I really need wipers!

Thanks again!

2C1E8D32-DD46-45D8-8114-6EEAB299A535.jpeg

Kramer79

Reaction score
I’m sure someone has one on here! Good luck! May have to use rain ex for now! Maroon color car?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
You used to be able to get it from the dealer. Don't know if its still available.

DustinSitz

Reaction score
The part’s been discontinued!

The car is black cherry with a burgundy interior— 65,000 miles.

Next is a front-end rebuild and fixing the locking rear brakes!

Rain-x doesn’t work! The car isn’t aerodynamic enough for the water to creep out of view— and in-fact, the water from the hood ‘hops’ up onto the window and makes it worse!

Thanks y’all!

DustinSitz

Reaction score
Chrysler’s obsoleted the part. Rock Auto has nothing— car-part.com had 4 listed from 84-89, and I’m waiting to hear from them all.

McParts warehouses have nothing that’ll work.

I may not keep this car if it’s going to be this difficult to get parts. This is pretty silly.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I may have one. Drivers side? Any sign of damage to the splines (for pivot)?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It's only difficult because it's an oddball part. It's no harder getting parts for these cars then any other older car.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Your pivot looks good.
Before you install a wiper arm, you might smear a smidge (not a lot) of grease (or something, it doesn't have to be grease) on the splines to hamper rust.

Short term, you can rob the passenger side arm for the drivers side. It is not a "good" fix, but at least something one can do while waiting on a part.

I do have a spare wiper arm:
20210919_142035r.jpg

I bought this pair to clean up and put onto my '86 Fifth Ave. They are from a '84 Fifth Ave that I removed from a local pull-a--part about five years ago.
Note: I have to bag my parts to keep water moisture from affecting my parts and as a way to mark 'em. That said, they are not very photogenic in a vacuum bag - but would say fully fuctionable but black paint has faded.

My grade as far as functionality - an 8 (of 10). As far as appearance - a 5 or 6 (of 10) - due to faded paint.
The wiper refill is trash.

I would give it a good scrubbing, rough up the paint a bit with sand paper, and give it a couple layers of good paint - and it should outlast the car.
That said, I know why your existing wiper arm came off and that will need to be fixed, first, or you will experience the same problem, again.

Also, before installing the arm, I highly recommend removing the black plastic cowl screen (it pops off) and check for looseness of the four plastic bushings. When the bushings break, they shatter leaving a ton of slop. The bushings had nothing to do on why your arm fell off, but sense you are already there, I would look to see if your wiper bushings are loose or not and repair (if loose) first.

Start a conversation with me for more details.
BudW

Kramer79

Reaction score
I can’t find my tape measure half the time and bud has labeled parts bags… I gotta clean the garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back