Finally got something done. Painted my 78

Ele115

Reaction score
Had to take this one down to metal, I usually do all of them this way. The vinyl top hid some hideous factory bondo and that awesome fiberglass roof/window plug. I leaded the sail seams and ground down all of the little molding studs and welded the holes. I will reinstall all of the moldings that aren't white. The white ones will be returned to Huggy Bear, I'm sure he misses them. I'll attach that shit with foam tape. I got this done right before the power went out Wednesday morning. I towed it up today to strt putting it together. This one is probably getting a 340 six pack or a 426 Hemi. The 360 is absolute garbage. Edit....so this is under 7000 miles and looked great, the reason I stripped it down is the paint was just shot, 46 or so year old enamel and tiny tiny specks of surface rust were popping up here and there. It was stored since 1979, and the decklid was the worst because the roof of the storage place developed a leak in 2019. I did the decklid when I first got the car out of storage and used the underside of it to match the paint.

Le Baron Pnt10.jpeg

LeBaron Canal3.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Nice...that reminds me of my 1st M-body ride, that being a Canuck '78 Plymouth Caravelle...ahh, what a beast!!!
My 79 caravelle was a rust bucket but can't complain since thats why there's a 360 in my 5th Avenue.

My first M ride that I can remember for sure would have been my neighbors 80s caravelle taxi back when they were the norm.

Back