FJM Frame connectors?

CMX360

Reaction score
Anyone know if frame connectors are available for FJM's? I would like to stiffen up my t-top Mirada.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone know if frame connectors are available for FJM's? I would like to stiffen up my t-top Mirada.
One of our own posters made a homemade set that look awesome...my problem is I am 48 years old with a grand baby crying in the house..I wouldn't know where to look..I think he use 4" square tubing and welded it to the front and rear and the floor

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I was wrong on the size of tubing but I copied these pics from 1980volare's build....looks like they turned out nice...

SDC10014.jpg

SDC10012.jpg

SDC10015.jpg

SDC10016.jpg

Last edited:

crayzcuda

Reaction score
I made mine out of 2" x 2" 1/8th square tube. Traced the floor pan on the tube and cut to match. I made it flush to the underside of the front and back frames. Welded front rear, tack welded along the length to the floor pan and bolted. Or the easier way would be just to cut the floor in a couple of spots and weld it, but, they will protrude about an inch through the rear floor pan.

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
I would add one thing to the subfrme connectors- on my '68 Dart we put a small stub of round stock at the front and rear of the connectors. Why? 'Cause then you can utilize the compact scissor jack and packaging bracket out of a first generation minivan. More secure, cleans up the trunk, and doesn't tweak your bumpers!

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
built mine in my 5th ave, think i used 2x3" tubing IIRC, although i might redo em someday, ill just cut em off, and cut the floor boards so they sit flush and i can weld em to the floors better

frame8.jpg

frame7.jpg

frame4.jpg

as for the ART ones, if you plan on installing them in a dip/fury/5th ave 4 door, they will be too short

Back