Florida, Georgia and Tennessee - 2014 Tow to Go (855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246

greymouser7

Reaction score
Since its inception in 1998, Tow to Go has safely removed more than 23,000 intoxicated drivers from the roads. The service is designed to be used as a last resort. It is offered based on availability of AAA Service Technicians and tow trucks during times of high call volume.
• Confidential local ride within a 10-mile radius to a safe location
• Service is provided in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee
• Free and available to both AAA members and non-members
• The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home

2014 Tow to Go Holiday Schedule

Holidays Date of Holiday(s) Days Tow to Go is Provided

Super Bowl
February 2nd (Sunday)
January 31st - 6 a.m. on February 3rd

St. Patrick's Day
March 17th (Monday)
March 14th - 6 a.m. 18th

Cinco de Mayo
May 5th (Monday)
May 2nd - 6 a.m. on 6th

Memorial Day
May 26th (Monday)
May 23rd - 6 a.m. on 27th

Independence Day
July 4th (Friday)
July 4th - 6 a.m. 7th

Labor Day
September 1st (Monday)
August 29th - 6 a.m. on September 2nd

Halloween
October 31st (Friday)
October 31st - 6 a.m. on November 2nd

Thanksgiving
November 27th (Thursday)
November 26th - 6 a.m. on 30th

Xmas / New Years
December 24th (Wednesday)
December 31st (Wednesday)
December 24th through 6 a.m. on January 1st

The Auto Club Group and Bud Light provide the Tow to Go service to discourage an intoxicated driver from getting behind the wheel and risking the lives and safety of other motorists. Not only does Tow to Go remove the intoxicated driver—it also enables AAA and Bud Light to remind the public to always choose a designated driver for a safe ride home.

Important Tow To Go Guidelines:
• Tow trucks can take up to two people home; if there are more people in your party—you will need to make other arrangements to get home safely.
• You can’t make an appointment to use the Tow to Go service, it is designed to be used as a last resort so have a designated driver before you have your first drink.
• It may be necessary, in certain situations, for AAA to contact a cab company or local law enforcement to assist with getting the intoxicated individual a safe ride.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Awesome idea.
I usually volunteer to be the DD for the simple fact that I want everyone to both have a good time AND get home safely.

When I've gone out to friends houses and decided to have a few
The car stays there,I take a cab home and go pick it up the next day.
It's been said many times.....booze and cars don't mix.
It's true.....thanks for posting that.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
cab home ??? hell get me a pillow and im hitting your couch!!! whats for breakfast,hahaha

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Everyone can drive drunk its only the few that dont crash and kill people

Every/any idiot can crash a car.
It's not too hard.

When I learned to drive, if you can drive drunk on gravel during the night, then driving on pavement in the light is a pc of cake.

Bars had parking lots for a reason, like happy hour.
People in general are just stupid and irresponsible.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I've been driving for 40 years. Drove my dads 66 Biscayne when I was 10.
When I was 13 my uncle used to loan me his 69 Nova all the time.
Played it cool and never even got pulled over.
Back in the day when you could get away with it....I was driving my old man home in his 79 Fairmont wagon. I was 15 and he was trashed. A cop pulled us over and asked me how old I was......I told him the truth. He looked at my old man and said to me "I've been watching you drive son.....you're doing good.....take the side streets" and he let me go.

Over the years I've driven more than a few times with a pretty good beer buzz and did fine....I'm a damn good driver.

But here's the thing.....one time I was up at my trailer......it's a private park so you can drive hammered in the park if you really want to. Basically going 5 mph you're not gonna do much damage right?

I was at the beach with a new 300 I'd rented for the weekend and I wanted to shoot back to the trailer to grab some beers. Thought I'd show off so I dropped it into reverse and nailed the gas......I wound up smacking the bumper into a pole.....no big deal.....zero deductible.....EXCEPT......it suddenly dawned on me......what if someone was behind me? Not an adult which I would've seen when I half ass looked......but a kid......on a trike......there's craploads of them at the beach. That haunted me all weekend.

It only takes a split second for something to happen when you're stone cold sober.....it's even easier when you're buzzed and think you've got it all under control.

THAT was my wakeup call.....and I never forgot it.
I got off with a warning......I now heed that warning continuously.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I drove the autobahn more than once on good German beer.

I was at an Indy race with a VIP pass.
I saw a famous driver knock down a couple beers before qualifying.
He said-'I ain't going 200mph w/o a couple beers in me'

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Sorry to rain on the parade of all of you "damn good" drivers, but if you are driving drunk, you deserve to get your license pulled and jail time on top of that. Every drink driver on the road is a "damn good" driver, just ask them. You have a responsibility when driving, and that is to be in control. Alcohol changes that, period, end of sentence, and I don't want to hear anything to the contrary; this opinion is not up for debate. I have no issue with people driving over the speed limits (speed limits were established in the 1930s-40s-50s, do not tell me that cars from the 1970s-on cannot safely handle speeds higher than that, because you are full of it), I don't have any issues with a little stoplight drag racing, traffic permitting. I draw the line at driving drunk, and by that I don't mean legally drunk, I mean a "couple of beers" drunk. Your race car driving friend should have been turfed by the team owner, if not Indy itself. He has a drinking problem. If he can't stay off the booze long enough to qualify (what an hour, maybe two at the most) then he is either an alcoholic, or he is scared. In either case, he is a danger, and should not be driving.

Sorry to be a hard ass, but getting into a car when you know you are not fully alert is where I draw the line (same goes for being really tired behind the wheel, or high on some narcotic, prescriptions included).

Kostas

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Most people can't even drive on their best day.
That's why people need insurance to drive.

Yep, scared drivers win Indy 500.

Around 87% of the population are complete idiots and the 13% have to put up with idiots.

Idiots still call them 'accidents'
When a idiot trying to pass a school bus on a blind grade goes head on.....that's no 'accident', it was an idiot behind the wheel.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Sorry to rain on the parade of all of you "damn good" drivers, but if you are driving drunk, you deserve to get your license pulled and jail time on top of that. Every drink driver on the road is a "damn good" driver, just ask them. You have a responsibility when driving, and that is to be in control. Alcohol changes that, period, end of sentence, and I don't want to hear anything to the contrary; this opinion is not up for debate. I have no issue with people driving over the speed limits (speed limits were established in the 1930s-40s-50s, do not tell me that cars from the 1970s-on cannot safely handle speeds higher than that, because you are full of it), I don't have any issues with a little stoplight drag racing, traffic permitting. I draw the line at driving drunk, and by that I don't mean legally drunk, I mean a "couple of beers" drunk. Your race car driving friend should have been turfed by the team owner, if not Indy itself. He has a drinking problem. If he can't stay off the booze long enough to qualify (what an hour, maybe two at the most) then he is either an alcoholic, or he is scared. In either case, he is a danger, and should not be driving.

Sorry to be a hard ass, but getting into a car when you know you are not fully alert is where I draw the line (same goes for being really tired behind the wheel, or high on some narcotic, prescriptions included).

Kostas

I fully agree which is why my long rambling post ends the way it does.

Most people can't even drive on their best day.
That's why people need insurance to drive.

Yep, scared drivers win Indy 500.

Around 87% of the population are complete idiots and the 13% have to put up with idiots.

Idiots still call them 'accidents'
When a idiot trying to pass a school bus on a blind grade goes head on.....that's no 'accident', it was an idiot behind the wheel.

If an Indy driver feels he needs a couple of beers to race his car then that's up to him. It doesn't affect me because he's on a privately owned track and any issues that anyone has with it is between him, the other drivers and Nascar.

If he's out on public roads doing that....
Then he should be busted for impaired just like any other driver.
Nobody and I mean nobody should be getting behind the wheel with booze in them.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
In todays world, no drinking and driving.
Even a moped/lawnmower/bicycle or e-bike.

Back in the 50's we could change records on our in car turntable while drunk...without all the safety bubbles built into the car.

Back